Buying a True Fit

flick37

Hi,

I am ready to look to buy a True Fit for DD. Her weight is fluctuating between 27.6 and 29.2 lbs, depending on the time of day, or the day itself, and I would like to have the True Fit ready to go so she can RF to 35 lbs (the MA is going to go FF in DH's truck...which doesn't thrill me, but she rarely drives in it, so I guess it will be okay...and for any long trips we do in the truck I will transfer the TF over) Okay, so enough of my babbling...

I am now searching online places to buy a TF. I have found babyproofing plus with the Cappucino and the Monet for $189.95 (I could have sworn I saw it on that site for $230!?) with free shipping

Dearbornbaby has the cappucino for $189.99 with free shipping

Zellers has the Misty Mountain for $199.97 with free shipping until the end of November

BabiesRUs has the Aurora for $199.99 and you pay shipping (from what I can tell)

Does anyone know of any other place that you can order the TF from? Or, if any place is planning a sale any time soon? I am leaning towards the Monet, as I have just ordered a replacement cover for the MA in denim (as requested by DH) and would like a girlie one.

Are there any other covers out there that I haven't listed above?

Thanks! :D

ADS

featherhead

Those are the only places I have seen it so far. You aren't imagining things, you did see it for $230 on babyproofingplus. Another member here emailed them telling them that ToysRUs and Zellers had it for $199, and had had quite a few great sales already, so they dropped the price.

Pepse

Hi,
I am now searching online places to buy a TF. I have found babyproofing plus with the Cappucino and the Monet for $189.95 (I could have sworn I saw it on that site for $230!?) with free shipping

**pats herself on the back** lol

Yes it was $230 and they lowered it for me :)

Get the Monet :)

Just do it

it is sooo pretty

Those are the only retailers that sell it.

Toys and Zellers will put it onsale for $150 but Monet would suit dd so much more :)

Zellers you can have it shipped to the store at any tiem for free.

Double check with Safetysuperstore on the shipping though because I know at one tiem they charged for oversized items.

MONET MONET

flick37

You have convinced me! The Monet all the way! :D
That is awesome that you got the price lowered, by the way!

Last edited:

flick37

I just ordered my Monet True Fit (plus a whole lot of other stuff :whistle: ) from Babyproofingplus and shipping was free, so no oversize charge!

I am excited now!!

trinity991

I'm so sad. I should have waited to buy mu True fit. I really wanted the Monet but ended up getting the Aurora when it was on sale in July. It's still in the box because dd is still in her snug ride. Darn, I'm kicking myself now.
I agree with everyone, get the Monet!
Anyone know if we'll be able to buy covers soon?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm so sad. I should have waited to buy mu True fit. I really wanted the Monet but ended up getting the Aurora when it was on sale in July. It's still in the box because dd is still in her snug ride. Darn, I'm kicking myself now.
I agree with everyone, get the Monet!
Anyone know if we'll be able to buy covers soon?

I believe that they're available for purchase now. :thumbsup:

C

Courtney

So it really does go to 35 lbs rear facing?
This will be my step up seat for my lil bean (due 4.17.09) after it outgrows the safeseat, and then my MA & Touriva which expire in 2011 & 2010, or whenver the baby is close to 30 lbs!
I am soooo happy now :)
OH and i see the dearbornbaby has it for $289?? why?

Courtney
R.N. Mama to Landon 5.13.03
&
'Lil Bean Baking 4.17.09

flick37

Re: Buying a True Fit -- pictures!

So, opened up my TF today. here are some pics! It definitely goes RF to 35lbs. Also, the expiry date is 2015, so 7 years.

The box:

TFBox.jpg

Nice and packed in the box...DD, my hand model!

InBox.jpg

The Canada flag sticker

CanadaSticker.jpg

DOM was over 3 months ago.

DOM.jpg

Monet!

TFMonet.jpg

Kristy00

Re: Buying a True Fit -- pictures!

I just received a new true fit from babyproofing plus on Thursday - I got the cappuchino, and it had the same DOM. It would have been nice to have one a bit newer...

U

Unregistered

Wow. i really like it.. and 7 years that is awesome.. we plan on having another in 2 years so that will be great to have that :) might last us a good chunk of our carseat time!!

The 35 lb RFing limit and the 7 years almost make it thisclose to being more appealing than MA/BLVD.. i mean I LOVE my britaxes.. but when you need multiple seats.. wow :)

Courtney
R.N. Mama to Landon 5.13.03
&
'Lil Bean Baking 4.17.09

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC