Multimac Launch?!

ADS

christineka

I just got it. Here's the email for those not on the list.

Hello!

I am pleased to tell you that Multimac has finally received its approval papers, so we are now able to sell them at last.

The new e-commerce website is now live at www.multimac.co.uk and this gives all details [we hope] necessary.

Order now

Before we launch Multimac to the public at large, we are notifying you and all others who have 'pre-registered' their interest, to give you first refusal on the 150 seats we have in stock, on a 'first-come first served' basis. Similarly, once these have gone, the queue for the following production will be serviced on the same priority basis.

Fitting

The website and the manual both show how the Tether-straps which secure the Multimac in your car are fitted, and for many this will be a DIY operation.

If it is not, we hope your local garage will do it for you, as ours here will, but would welcome feedback on this, and if you have any difficulties we will help. Eventually we can have a network of dedicated local fitters, but it will take some time to establish this nationwide, and indeed it may not be necessary: we look forward to your feedback.

Car Fitting List

Do not worry if your car does not appear on the fitting list: we are checking and adding cars all the time, and hope to get the manufacturers involved eventually. If your car is not on it, we will check it individually.

Thank you for your interest and patience, and we hope you feel it has been worth the wait: we have been as frustrated as you, and cannot believe it has taken so long, but I guess that is the cost of trail-blazing on safety-critical items.

Best wishes,

Kevin Macliver

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I still wonder what you are supposed to do when one kid outgrows the harness.

Put them in the front seat? :confused:

Yeah, it does have a fairly limited lifespan unless you have a daycare or foster kids or something. Might be most useful if you have triplets or quadruplets :rolleyes:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Presumably, either get a new car or put them in the front.

I was pleased to read that they plan to release a 15 kg limit infant seat. :thumbsup:

Though I don't understand their claim that their infant seat can "rear face to 3 years as required in Sweden and proposed in Britain" if it only has a 13 kg weight limit? I mean, my two year old would have outgrown that weight limit by the time she was 18 mos., and even the 15 kg would have given her until the week before her 2nd birthday (which is when we turned her in her Radian with a 33 lb. weight limit...)

U

Unregistered

I must be crazy, but is that infant seat a 3 point belt?

finn

It more than likely will be a 3 point harness on the infant seat, all the European infant seats we have here only have 3 point harnesses. I know they are safe but i prefer a 5 point harness.

erinnicolevan

This is the email I got from Multimac today:

Hello!

Yes we can ship to USA for little more than cost of transport in UK
actually. But: we have to make some small changes to the Multimac and get
at approved to your standard FMVSS 213 rather than our European ECE 44-04.

We will do this, as there has been tremendous interest from you all, but it
is likely to take 3-6 months. Can you wait? how many/old are your children,
and what is exact model/year of your car?

Thanks for your kind comments!

This might solve my carseat dilemma. I would have to start harnessing the older kids again, but if I can get some of them to fit in the 3rd row, that would be fab!

christineka

I think the multimac is really cool. If I get one I'll probably let my will be 4.5-5 year old ff so I can have all four forward facing kiddos in the back row.

oursonend

I wondered about top tethers, or would those not be necessary because of the feet?

Very cool idea. I'm a bit agape at the price (OMfreakingG that's INSANE! Esp. once you add all the headrests and so on...) but I think the idea is very neat.

I couldn't find any info on the expiry date--does anyone know? They said they used one in the nanny's car for 13 years or something, and they vaguely state that it lasts "for a very long time" but I can't find any data on HOW long exactly. But I was thinking that for that money, and if it fits kids up to age 12, and your oldest is already 5 when you get it but you want to keep having kids and still have it last through all of them... it must have a pretty long life. Does anyone know?

Also, anyone else notice that in the pic of the schoolchildren all in a row in the minimac, there are no headrests in use? :whistle:

I gotta say the image of ricochet heads makes me a bit nervous--I would want to use the SIP headrest all the time, even when the kids are older (I think they say it is only for up to 3 or 5 yrs or something, but a good American/Canadian booster gives that kind of protection up to age 8 or 10 or so)

christineka

They didn't put headrests into the pictures because for some reason they thought they weren't photogenic??? It said that somewhere.

I've also been wondering about the expiration date. If I spend that kind of money I hope the seat lasts a long time.

I'm very fortunate to have short torsoed and light weight kids. I think mine should last in the seat years past age 12. I want to know the torso hight on it. I'm curious as to whether I could fit or not. My torso is only 22 inches and I think some 12 years are even taller torsoed than me. (I don't fit my van's belts.)

J

Jeffstr

Hi, Does anyone actually have one yet?? And what do you think?

My wife is expecting twins and we will basically have 3 kids under 2yrs old, so in a year we'll be needing to fit 3x FULL size child seats in a car.

I have been doing massive research into upgrading the family car and basically it looks like it will cost us another £5000 to switch to one that fits (given how little our current car is now worth). But I found this and it looks like the perfect answer... I just need to actually find out how good it is?

As apart from the (lack of) head rest, it looks quite hard and uncomfortable? It also looks like it will damage the existing car seat (over time).

So I'm still not sure if I should just spend double for a new car... :( Can anyone shed some experienced light for us??

Thanks!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC