IT'S HERE!!!

Melizerd

My Brand new Britax Regent in Huntington is sitting in my living room :love: The fabric is super soft and gorgeous. The DOM is 9/15/08 so exactly two months old, not bad!

So it's supposed to be fairly nice out tomorrow so I'm going to play with it during the day in the car.

Last edited:
ADS

Blondie87

Awesome! lol why'd you buy a Regent so early when your lil man is still RF? When do you plan on having him use it?

Melizerd

Awesome! lol why'd you buy a Regent so early when your lil man is still RF? When do you plan on having him use it?

He's ALMOST too tall to rear face and he's outgrown the Scenera rear facing in my mom's car. He's got JUST an inch left to rear face in the Marathon as it is. So I've decided to turn him in both cars since I HATE the Scenera and I refuse to use it anymore. My mom will get my Marathon but he only rides in her car occasionally so by the time he's in it again he'll probably be too tall.

Isn't it beautiful? I love mine.

And don't you mean 2 months old?:D

ssshhhh I edited because I can't type/think ;)

melniemi

Wow, he is really tall:eek: I think my 4 yo would be almost short enough torso wise to rf in the marathon. I'll have to try it.

We get pics right? Old seat, rfing, old seat ffing and new seat??:D

Blondie87

Ohhh.. He is tall! So is the pic in your siggy older! I wish I could get a Regent... but DH wouldn't let me cuz I have no use for it right now.. lol

Melizerd

He's 36 inches tall and ALL torso I swear the kid has no legs (lol).

Here he is a month ago in the Marathon and he's taller now then he was then and he didn't grow in the legs at all. I think I need to stop feeding him. He's on the third slot now and this pic is the second slot still:
DSC01913-1.jpg

Here he is in the living room in the Regent:
DSC01998.jpg

Auntie2six

He's 36 inches tall and ALL torso I swear the kid has no legs (lol).

Here he is a month ago in the Marathon and he's taller now then he was then and he didn't grow in the legs at all. I think I need to stop feeding him. He's on the third slot now and this pic is the second slot still:

Here he is in the living room in the Regent:

Is the vehicle the marathon is in a dodge stratus?

Last edited by a moderator:

ginny4

gosh he looks like such a big boy there. he'll likely need to use the next slot up when you install it.

Auntie2six

It's a Plymouth Breeze but it's the same darn thing ;) Do you have a Stratus?

I don't own a car yet so when my nephews come over, that is the car that their seats get installed in. So far both of them haven't came over at the same time so we only have to have one seat in the car, in the middle. I was going to ask you how well seats install outboard. What year is your car?

Melizerd

I don't own a car yet so when my nephews come over, that is the car that their seats get installed in. So far both of them haven't came over at the same time so we only have to have one seat in the car, in the middle. I was going to ask you how well seats install outboard. What year is your car?

It's a 98 and the Marathon is installed in the center (lap belt only). It takes about 2 min to get it in. There's a TON of room in the car. I can put an adult on either side of DS and they fit even with his seat in the center (though with the Regent they might not lol).

I haven't installed it outboard ever. I could try it tomorrow since I'll be playing. Honestly I haven't even looked to see which way the belts lock since I only use the center lapbelt right now. I should probably do that. I'm pretty sure they must lock at the plate because I don't think they lock at the retractor (where you pull the shoulder portion out and it ratchets back in).

Auntie2six

It's a 98 and the Marathon is installed in the center (lap belt only). It takes about 2 min to get it in. There's a TON of room in the car. I can put an adult on either side of DS and they fit even with his seat in the center (though with the Regent they might not lol).

I haven't installed it outboard ever. I could try it tomorrow since I'll be playing. Honestly I haven't even looked to see which way the belts lock since I only use the center lapbelt right now. I should probably do that. I'm pretty sure they must lock at the plate because I don't think they lock at the retractor (where you pull the shoulder portion out and it ratchets back in).

My moms car is a 98 too. We only install in the center unless we have both babies. I can get a seat in the center rock solid but when I tryed outboard the other day I was not happy with the install. I know that the seatbelts outboard dont lock at the retractor in my moms car. Thanks

canadiangie

I too think he might have a while to go before he needs to ff. OP, have you seen the 'how to tell when a rf seat is outgrown' article? It has a good pictoral... very helpful. Going by that, and even if he's added an inch of torso height since the pic, he'd still have about 2" to go... I think. :confused:

I just assume you don't actually *want* him ff yet so thought I'd mention it.

Also, you might gain a half inch by installing the seat more upright.

amyg530

hes so cute! i love his hair. and i :love: the huntington regent. we have one also and its great bc its nice and soft. just currious, is he 22mo like your siggy says or is he older, b/c i swear i've seen the 22 for a while

Melizerd

I too think he might have a while to go before he needs to ff. OP, have you seen the 'how to tell when a rf seat is outgrown' article? It has a good pictoral... very helpful. Going by that, and even if he's added an inch of torso height since the pic, he'd still have about 2" to go... I think. :confused:

I just assume you don't actually *want* him ff yet so thought I'd mention it.

Also, you might gain a half inch by installing the seat more upright.

The seat is really close to 30 degrees last time I had one of the gurus check online. He has to be forward facing in one car because he's outgrown the Scenera rear facing by height.

hes so cute! i love his hair. and i :love: the huntington regent. we have one also and its great bc its nice and soft. just currious, is he 22mo like your siggy says or is he older, b/c i swear i've seen the 22 for a while

The picture is the same, it's been there since the spring (lol) but I change the tag line when I remember. He'll be 23 months old on the 23rd of this month.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC