Would you use the frontier as a booster?

Is the frontier a good BOOSTER? (for average 6-8 yr old?)

• Yes, i think it is a fine booster for many kids, i would use/recommend it

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • an "okay" booster, but there are better and I prefer/use/recommend another hbb(which?)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No, I do not think it is a great booster choice for most, do not recommend

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • who wants a clicky box?

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
here's a side by side of Hope in both the GN and the Frontier in booster mode. She's almost 7, 51", 72#. I would use either one, but the Frontier fits better. The thigh support in the GN is not quite enough for my long-legged girl. HTH

mommycat

Has anyone had any similar problems with it riding up on dc's belly like what was mentioned in the nauti poll?

Melizerd

Love the side by side pics. Do you think for a kid with shorter legs that the Frontier might be uncomfortable? Just kind of popped in to my head since my DS is so young I don't always think the booster thing through yet.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I love it! It goes so tall. Here is Tyler in it.

IMG_1208.jpg

And at its highest setting.

IMG_1207.jpg

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
In harness mode, I doubt the Frontier would be uncomfortable, as the child would just cross his legs. If anything I would find it more comfortable to have a bigger space to pull my legs up onto.

Natysr and I took pics of her 4 yo in each too, so you can PM her if you like.

U

Unregistered1

I think it is one of the best HBB on the market. So much so that I purchased it specifically to use in booster mode (well, that and M was too tall for every other booster on the market and we don't have head rests). It's even better if you can LATCH it, IMO. Positions the belt perfectly. Arm rest flip up feature makes it easier for kids to buckle themselves. Great SIP. REALLY comfy (I know, I've ridden in it). Leg support, head support, cushiony, soft... seriously, I want one for ME. I would recommend it a million times over.

eta, lap belt does not ride up on the tummy at all. It positions like the turbobooster, over the tops of the thighs. Exactly the way I like it.

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Love the side by side pics. Do you think for a kid with shorter legs that the Frontier might be uncomfortable? Just kind of popped in to my head since my DS is so young I don't always think the booster thing through yet.

No problems there... Leah's (almost three) totally comfy in it :thumbsup:

Morganthe

Yes, I'd happily use it as a booster for dd and that's in the plans why I purchased it. :D She rode in it once. It sits higher than the Regent and in the Camry, not much leg room with the base flipped forward. She didn't miss it when I took it out either.

It's for dh's future vehicle or if we get a car that can't handle the regent. I like how it cradles her sides & that it's LATCH for the booster setup too. Much more sturdier, imo, than the Nautilus. But it's definitely a larger seat. Each has its own niche. :shrug-shoulders:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC