Britax Multi Tech

melniemi

I've browsed the threads that talk about it, but didn't find all the answers I was looking for. So if anyone knows,
Does it latch in booster mode?
What is the height of the seatback for rearfacing?
What is the height of the beltguide for booster mode?
Is the weight limit for booster mode really only 55#s?
Thanks

ADS

finn

Hi I don't have a multi tech but I have looked into them and can answer a couple of your questions.

I'm pretty sure they don't have latch at all.
The seat back is 62cm (24inches).
The weight limit harnessed is 25kg (55lbs) rear facing, or 18kg (40lbs) forward facing, then up to 25kg (55lbs) with the cars seat belt as a booster.

If you do a search you will find lots of info on them on this board :)

BW1426

If you are thinking about getting a Multi Tech and actually get one, I am taking a road trip to the UP.

That would be so exciting :love:

I really hope this post means you're thinking about getting a multi tech :crossesfingers:

TerisBoys

If you are thinking about getting a Multi Tech and actually get one, I am taking a road trip to the UP.

That would be so exciting :love:

I really hope this post means you're thinking about getting a multi tech :crossesfingers:

:yeahthat: Road trip?

melniemi

I am thinking about it:p Probably not until spring, though-unless I magically sell lots of stuff to come up with the money. But yes, you all can come visit me and help me figure out how to install it - and drool with me:whistle:

Adventuredad, I will pm you soon. Thanks

delgirrrl

I agree with Finn's responses, but just to add one thing about the seat height for FF. In booster mode, the head-rest is further adjustable above the 62cm height.

BTW: You sooooo should get one!:thumbsup:

melniemi

I agree with Finn's responses, but just to add one thing about the seat height for FF. In booster mode, the head-rest is further adjustable above the 62cm height.

BTW: You sooooo should get one!:thumbsup:

Would you be willing to measure how high the belt guide is in booster mode? Was it easy to install?

Thanks!!

katiesmommy

I'm still debating between a muti-tech and a two way, but won't be making a full decision until spring either. Can we say tax refund!

delgirrrl

Would you be willing to measure how high the belt guide is in booster mode? Was it easy to install?

Thanks!!

I'll try and measure it up over the weekend. But as an indicator, on the Britax Swedish website, http://www.britax.se/multitech08.htm they show an 9 year old in it as a booster. Makes me think that the 25kg thing for booster use may not be correct? (But then again, I do have very big kids, maybe getting to 9 years at 25kg is reasonable?) Unfortunately the manual for the MT is not exactly over-flowing with information.

It was "different" to install. Not easy, not hard, just different. There's no Latch, so you use a standard seatbelt install, for which it has built in lock-offs. If you have long buckle stalks, they'll need a couple of twists.
The first time doing the forward tether and foot prop required a bit of concentration, but it wasn't difficult. The instructions aren't quite as "idiot proof" (hopefully no one takes offence...:whistle:) as you get with some seats but it is all fairly logical.

Once it's actually in, it's use is very, very easy. Just the one puzzle buckle and a pull to tighten, which in my mind makes it a much simpler seat to use once installed than US or Australian seats. Most seats in NZ are Australian, so for RF we have the overhead top-tether, which adds to the effort of getting the child in, and of course the US seats have a chest clip. All small things, but it's nice to know that if someone else is taking your child somewhere in the car, they can't really mess it up!!

finn

I think a large percentage of kids would get to 9 in it, my niece is 10 and weighs 24kg (52lbs) my nephew is 9 and weighs the same :) both of them have been out of boosters for years :( and have no idea how to sit correctly in an adult belt :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC