Stroller folding help!

Holly

Someone is coming tomorrow to look at my FPSV stroller.
I'm not sure I have it folded right, I want to make sure I can show her the proper way to fold it.
It came with no manual whatsoever, so I can't check that.

Here is a pic of how I managed to fold it, but it doesn't seem quite right.
Is it supposed to fold like that?

October2008053.jpg

October2008052.jpg

Here are links to 2 other posts with pics of it folded. They look different to me.

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=562991&postcount=24

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=325745&postcount=4

Mine also does not self stand, even though it's supposed to. Am I just folding it wrong so it wont?

ADS

USmominOz

Have you tried laying/reclining the seat all the way down before folding it? It looks like it is still in a up right position.

fyrfightermomma

In the other links the bigger back tires are almost on top of and are definately touching the smaller front tires which yours are not

On the second link you cannot see the seat portion. Just the back. In yours you can see the seat portion from the top.

Also your handle is to the back of the stroller when folded. On the other pics it's to the front.

Definately not the same, but I don't know this stroller very well to tell you how to fix it!

Holly

It automatically reclines when it's folded. Whenever I unfold it, it's reclining even if it's not when I fold it down.

melniemi

If you recline it first, it might go under the canopy and 'sit' right when it's folded. Give it a shot. It might work!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
It looks like a two part fold. The handle needs to fold down towards the tray and then the wheels fold under together.

It looks like there may be buttons on both sides of the stroller (follow the tray back towards the stroller frame- first picture of the second link)... maybe those are part of the fold?

Holly

Weird, my stroller doesn't have those buttons on the frame that the other one does.

October2008054.jpg

I had to unhook the velcro that holds the back flap to the seat, and I got it to fold like this:

October2008055.jpg

October2008056.jpg

There was no way I could get it to fold with the back of the seat showing instead, I'm not sure why, it just wouldn't go that way.

I also have these 2 pieces that came with the stroller, but I had no clue where they went. Maybe they are part of what makes the stroller stand on it's own? I dont know, where do they go?

October2008.jpg

This stroller really should have come with instructions!
Oh, and I messed with the front wheel locks, and I can't figure out which position is locked or not. They both seem to be unlocked in either position!

Holly

I don't have any way to recieve a fax from them, at least not until Wednesday, but the lady is coming tomorrow to see the stroller and probably buying it.

desiree_leigh

I'd let the buyer know then - maybe she'll want to phone them and get the instructions faxed? And, if she doesn't buy it, maybe you'll be able to get them yourself before anyone else buys it. They may be able to scan it and email it to you as well.

Ashley_R

The second photo you have is mine. It didn't stand on its own for me and the sales guy who helped me with it said it didn't stand when folded and that was his biggest turn off.

I think you have it right, it sort of 'fell' for me into the folded position like most other strollers so I really don't think you can fold it wrong.

Brycen'sMommy

Do you still have the box the stroller came in? I bought one about a month ago and my instructions were in a plastic bag taped to the bottom outside of the box. I almost missed them but noticed them when I was throwing the box away.

I can scan the folding instructions for you if you need them but they aren't very helpful.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
There are no instructions included with the FPSV stroller. 7 or 8 people here have gotten them, I've had numerous people ask me on my blog whether I got instructions, etc. (My blog must come up when you Google Fisher Price Safe Voyage stroller instructions. :p) None of them have come with instructions.

It appears that the strollers that Albee Baby has were initially packaged to be part of the travel system, and the instructions must have been in the car seat box. :rolleyes: I called Britax when I got mine and asked for instructions, but they never sent them.

Do you still have the box the stroller came in? I bought one about a month ago and my instructions were in a plastic bag taped to the bottom outside of the box. I almost missed them but noticed them when I was throwing the box away.

I can scan the folding instructions for you if you need them but they aren't very helpful.

Wait, did you buy a FPSV stroller and it came with instructions? I'm shocked!

Brycen'sMommy

Wait, did you buy a FPSV stroller and it came with instructions? I'm shocked!

Yes. I bought one from Albee Baby in the Circus Dots pattern about a month ago and it came with instructions. I almost threw them away because they were taped to the bottom outside of the box. They were very easy to miss.

Holly

I don't have the box anymore. I don't think there was anything on the outside of the box though, but I'm not positive, there could have been.

Do your instructions say what those 2 black pieces are for?
I can't figure out where they go, but they were in the box with the stroller.

Brycen'sMommy

My stroller didn't come with those black pieces and they aren't in the assembly instructions anywhere. Maybe they are just packing material?

I need to feed my baby right now but I'll come back later and answer all your questions about folding and locking the wheels. :)

Brycen'sMommy

Okay, now that I have a happy baby I can try to answer your questions. :)

The way you have the stroller folded in the second set of pictures is the correct way. While it is folding you have to make sure to push the backrest under the canopy so it lays flat.

This stroller does self stand if you flip it up on the child tray. I personally don't like it that way so I lock the back wheels before I fold it and just lean it against a wall. That works fine for us.

To lock the front wheels this is what the instructions say:

1. To lock each dual swivel wheel, swing a dual wheel so the locking lever faces forward, and pull up to engage the lock. Repeat for the other dual wheel.

2. Push down on the locking lever to release the lock.

I noticed in your other thread that your front wheels don't swivel very well and they get stuck. I wonder if your stroller is defective or if it's not assembled correctly because our stroller pushes great. We took it to Disneyland last week for our 6 month old and we took a Chicco umbrella stroller for our 2 year old and the family members that were with us were fighting over who got to push the FP stroller because it is so easy to push. It just glides, even over rough terrain. We love it now after we got used to the quirks.

If you have any other questions about it just ask. I'm happy to help.

Holly

Thanks!
The buyer just emailed me (after calling me earlier to say her friend who lived closer to me would be picking it up) and said her daughter who she was buying for thinks it's too small, so now she's not buying it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC