Which Double Strollers Fit 2 carseats?

evan'smom

I am pregnant w/ twins and due in Feb. Any idea which strollers fit 2 carseats? We will have 2 snugrides. I know the Graco Duoglide and Quattro do, but unsure of any others.

Thanks for the help!

Cathy
DS Evan 2/19/07
EDD #2&#3 2/26/09

ADS

Carefulove

Don't know about the strollers, we had two snugrides and a duoglider that was a PITA to fit anywhere! :whistle:

I really just wanted to say congratulations on the Twins! Is a lot of fun!

MOM25BOYS

You could always get a Baby Trend Double Snap and Go.:) I saw one clearanced out at my local Target the other week. Congrats on the new ones coming.:D

Congrats on your twins. You're going to have a lot of fun.

Here's my question. What kind of system are you wanting? Do you want to go w/ hte basic travel so you only have one stroller & don't have to buy another? Do you know if you want tandem (stadium type seating) or a side by side (SBS)? Do you care about weight? Do you want to be able switch seats (the strollers) around? How much room do you have in your vehicle for storing the stroller?

If you want a thin folding stroller that's relatively light weight w/ a large basket that's super convinient to use while they in car seats I say a double snap-n-go hands down. I would've never survived the first few months w/ my twins w/ out it. I swear it is a twin must have.

If you want to go w/ just your standard stroller I know graco makes a model that takes 2 seats. I'm pretty sure there is another stroller or 2 out there that takes 2 seats.

If you want a stroller that allows to adjust how the seats are configured look into the Kolcraft contours options stroller. The seats can be made to both face you, face out or face each other. You can also get car seat adapters for it so it can accommodate 2 car seats. It is heavy & bulky though.

Sadly, there no SBS that does 2 car seats.

Another bonus to the snap-n-go system is that while your LOs are in it you can use that time to keep testing out strollers to find what you really like.

Again, congrats on your twins. Do you know genders yet or keeping a surprise? Identical or fraternal? Mine are fraternal girls. You're going to have a blast. I see your oldest will turn 2 just before your twins arrive (of course pending making the full 40 weeks), it's a tad tough but works well. At least for me it does. LOL... My DS turned 2 about 6 weeks or so before my girls arrived.

evan'smom

We have identical boys on the way. I have looked at the snap-n-go, but am hoping to find something that my older DS could ride in if necessary. I figure if I am ever out by myself with all 3 while the twins are still little, I will wear one of the twins and then put the other twin and older DS in the stoller. It would be nice to have one that takes 2 infant seats so I could put both twins in still in their seats if we are just running quick errands. However, I am starting to think that might not be possible to find unless I go with one of the graco models. I am not sold either way on stadium seating or side-by-side. Which one have you found easier to use? Also, do you have expereince with the toddler seat attachments that some of the strollers have? I have looked at this as an option as well.

Thanks!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Does the Valco Twin take two carseats? I know it takes one for sure. It also has a full recline suitable for a newborn... so you could put the babies in the stroller (better for their spines and oxygen levels as well) and add the toddler seat up front so that all three have a place to ride.

Then get a double snap n' go for the quick in/out trips.

AlishaNC82

I'm not sure if you can put two infant seat in the Valco twin, but I wanted to say that it works great with the toddler seat up front. A friend had twins and I would put the twins in the seats and my daughter in the toddler seat and was amazed how well it handled. There are also hitchhiker boards available for the valco.

If your interested in the double Joovy Caboose I'd try your LO out in it first. I tried my DS in it & there was no way he was mature enough for it. When they say 2.5 years they mean it. I'd say he'd just now be mature enough for it (maybe even a couple of months ago).

If you want something your ODC can use in the start & stroller weight isn't a biggie to you I've heard tons of good stuff about that contours stroller.

As for what I prefer, a SBS all the way. My DS was losing interest in being in a stroller when my girls arrived but wasn't mature enough to stay by our side. Plus, in the tandem my girls mastered kicking the seat in front as soon as their little legs could reach it. Using a SBS DS has no issues climbing in on his own as he's ecstatic to sit next to a Sissy & I can just wear the other one. The girls are even happier SBS because they can see w/out the other being in their way.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Kolcraft - When you buy it, it comes with one car seat frame. You can order a second from the company. I have sold a lot, everyone seems to like it. I find it a little bulky to fold. It will hold any infant car seats. Each seat holds 40 lbs.

Graco DouGlider - Will hold two Graco infant seats. My trick to get the back infant seat in, put foot behind back wheel, then slide seat towards back. Cons: I don't like the recline mechanism for the back seat. Each seat holds 40 lbs.

Graco Quattro Tour Dou - Front seat holds 50 lbs, back double. The front seat has a bar for the infant seat. You can put cup holders in for later. There is a toddler cubby under the front seat. The back seat recline is nice, and you can lower the basket the get in, just like the single Quattro Tour. This is my favorite. It holds two Graco seats.

Satey 1st Two- way - This may also be under the Eddie Bauer name. It holds Safety 1st or Graco infant seats. Run the other way if you see this one. It is hard to push and steer. I have had so many complaints about this stroller. Its only redeeming value is that the front seat turns around. Big deal.

Joovy big caboose- Holds two of any infant seats, with a strap, kinda like the Kolcraft.

Peg Perego Duette - Talk about the easiest to push. I love this thing. Draw back, you can only use Per Perego car seats. I believe it holds 45 lbs per seat.

evan'smom

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions and advice. I think I am starting to lean more towards a SBS and not worrying as much about it fitting 2 carseats. So, one more question - which SBS models have the toddler seat?

Thanks!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Thank you so much for all of the suggestions and advice. I think I am starting to lean more towards a SBS and not worrying as much about it fitting 2 carseats. So, one more question - which SBS models have the toddler seat?

Thanks!

Valco Twin is the only one I know of that can hold two newborn babies and a third toddler seat up front.

we have an amzing stroller in the uk - called the Icandy pear
it can have 2 car seats, 2 carrycots or 2 seat units or any mixture of both. Facing in, out and any combination of everything. can also be used just as a single stroller. If i had twins - that would be my choice!!!

pastrygirl

The iCandy Pear isn't available in the US yet. I think I remember reading that it should be here next summer sometime.

The link you posted is the EasyWalker Sky Duo, which can also take two carseats, but only Maxi Cosi seats. I was going to post to it earlier, but the fact that it's limited to Maxi Cosi makes it a no-go for me, personally. ETA: wait! I saw something that might mean it can take Graco seats, too... It might be worth looking into!

This is the iCandy Pear.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a Valco twin with toddler seat and it's WONDERFUL. Pricey, but well worth it. It's the only stroller we use anymore. I take it everywhere, including shopping drs etc. Even my husband likes it, and think it's worth the $$. And that's hard to do! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC