DOM question

MagnoliaShowers

I'm getting ready to buy my True Fits (yay)! My daughter still fits in her Snugride (probably close to 17.5lbs or so), and while I would love to just carry her around all winter long, I'm not sure my arm can handle the increasing weight.

So, I am trying to figure out what would be the best deal. Someone here was generous enough to share some BRU coupons that expire on Thursday, but BRU is an hour's drive away, so I have to figure in gas/time.

So, I am trying to figure out what would be the better deal. Get one now, before we ABSOLUTELY need it, and get two for probably around $300 (between the coupons and the 10% "duo deal" - is that what it's called?), or wait and hit Amazon, and hope that another sale occurs between now and when we do absolutely need it.

So, in trying to figure out what the best course of action is - where do you think you would find the latest date of manufacture - in a brick and mortar store, or online?

Wait, alternately, could you buy using those coupons online? (Maybe that's wishful thinking)...

Any other thoughts? Thanks so much!

ADS

NannyMom

If they are the 20% off coupons I always use, they can only be used in store. It should say so on the coupon. THe extra 10% off is a twin discount (but you don't really need twins!). I've always found the BRU coupons and discounts are better then anything I can find online.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Just remember...just because you can take the Snugride off the base, it doesn't mean you HAVE to. It's perfectly acceptable to remove your baby from the seat and carry her.

Sounds like you could get a great deal on the TruFits.

Susan

NannyMom

I just realized you are the person I sent the BRU coupns too :) They can not be used online. I wouldn't worry about DOM for the True fit now because it's such a new seat. You're not going to get one that's a year old. A 6 month old carseat is pretty common unless the manufacturer is sending you a carseat directly (ie- a replacement for a bad seat). I really doubt you'll find a better deal then what those coupons and a twins discount can get you (about $136 plus tax, each). Now, of you want to wait for the rebound bar, that's something else entirely. I really want a true fit. But I don't NEED a true fit right now. When DD outgrows her Sceneras (either by height or weight) I'll get TFs with the rebound bar. If money is an issue, I'm sure they will be more expensive. Also, even if First Years releases the seat in January, BRU may not have it for a couple more months (that happened with the Britax Fronier).

arly1983

I wish I would have saw this sooner!

You can go to the manufacturer's store learningcurve.com and use the coupon code "SDN25" and the total with tax and shipping would be $317.93.

You do not have to create an account to use this code and the have the Cappaccino, Monet, and Sporty Blue in stock.

ETA: If you can get the twin discount at BRU, that would be a better deal.

MagnoliaShowers

Ok, I am so frustrated right now.

After doing all the math, time logistics (1.5hrs one way), and getting it all set up, I thought it might be a good idea to call and make sure that they actually have them in stock before I went down.

They said they *don't carry them in store*. Only from the website. And no, the coupons don't work on the website.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:mad:

MagnoliaShowers

Just remember...just because you can take the Snugride off the base, it doesn't mean you HAVE to. It's perfectly acceptable to remove your baby from the seat and carry her.

I know, and we do, a lot of the time...I just have an inkling that if we aren't prepared ahead of time, we will be standing outside on the coldest day of the year, trying to figure out how to install a new seat. ;)

NannyMom

Ok, I am so frustrated right now.

After doing all the math, time logistics (1.5hrs one way), and getting it all set up, I thought it might be a good idea to call and make sure that they actually have them in stock before I went down.

They said they *don't carry them in store*. Only from the website. And no, the coupons don't work on the website.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:mad:

Oh that's frustrating! Is there any code they can give you to get a twin discount online? If you wait awhile, they may have more coupons come out in the mail, and they CAN be used online. I know there have been 2 sets mailed out since July.

MagnoliaShowers

Oh that's frustrating! Is there any code they can give you to get a twin discount online? If you wait awhile, they may have more coupons come out in the mail, and they CAN be used online. I know there have been 2 sets mailed out since July.

How can I get on their mailing list? I tried through the website, but I don't think that worked. Could I call?

NannyMom

How can I get on their mailing list? I tried through the website, but I don't think that worked. Could I call?

I don't know. Try calling? If you want, I can add you the next time I go there. They have a form to fill out. I think i still have your address from sending the coupons.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC