does BJ city and/or elite recline totally flat?

minismom

I'm looking on the website and it doesnt look like it's flat. I dont wanna get the bassinet when I have a new baby cause it's a pain in the car, so it has to work from birth without it. The P&T is all flat and I liked using it when dd was a baby but the City looks so much cooler. I'm just bummed it doesnt have the second seat, I'm a bit worried about that. Does it have at least a stand board or something for a 21/5 yo (age dd will be if current TTC efforts work out:rolleyes:).
Oh, and btw, I like the big wheels so I'm between the classic and the elite. Cant figure out the difference so if anyone wants to enlighten me I'm all ears (or eyes...)
TIA!

ADS

Shanora

I have the Elite, and it goes flat. I only have the single, but I know that the double also goes flat. I'm not sure about the wheels, but I know that mine are a pretty good size, and they are inflatable , haven't pumped them up yet, but with my 30# toddler it drives like a dream. I have a Graco Travel system last time, and the BJ is SO much better.

I've only used it twice, but the last time DS ASKED to go into it....which is saying ALOT for that stroller, cause I haven't been able to get him in anything other than the wagon in MONTHS. I got mine with the car seat adaptor, but you can get it with the toddler seat adaptor which looks totally cool. It sits on the front of it, and you can still use the actual seat reclined for a baby.

lovinwaves

The Elite, Classic, and MINI are all part of the "City Series". ;)

I had to go to their website to see what pictures you are talking about, because all of my BJ's(Classic, & Mini) have laid flat...not completely flat, but flat enough for a newborn definitely. Yeah, from their pictures it doesn't look like lays very flat.

ETA:

Ok here is a photo of the classic fully reclined. Keep in mind this is a 2007.5 model. But I am assuming they haven't changed the recline angle.

It doesn't recline completely horizontal(look at straight red line) but take a look at what I circled in red. See how the baby is sort of cradled? I think that is what makes it ok to use with newborns.

Babyjoggerreclineangle.jpg

pastrygirl

Wait, what do you mean toddler seat adaptor? For a second child?
Yes, Baby Jogger does have a toddler jump seat that can go on the front of their City Series Classic or Elite single strollers (not the Mini). It's not available yet, though, and supposedly only goes to 33 pounds.

minismom

Thank you guys! This little toddler seat looks great, dd is slim so I dont even mind the low weight limit! I'm gonna try and sell the bugagoo and get one of those!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC