Boulevard (CS) vs. Diplomat

Kovachy83

I have my heart completely set on the new Boulevard CS in Lauren... because it's pink. I like all the bells and whistles with the Boulevard and it makes me feel like my little girl will be safe. I loved the Meghan, but they're just too hard to find.

Anyway, I have a '97 Civic Coupe. I see people on here complaining about the room in a 4 door car with the Boulevard, so I'm really worried about getting it. I've been sitting in the dash (while my husband drives, though it's my car) for 8 months now with her Evenflo Embrace infant seat. I really don't want to do it any longer if possible.

So, the Diplomat states online that it is a "compact convertible car seat ideal for use with vehicles with limited rear seat space". Does this mean that I won't be in the dash? We really don't ever have passengers in the back, so I'm not worried about that at all.

I do realize I will lose the 65 pound limit and the HUGS with the Diplomat, also.

Sorry for the length. Thanks in advance!!!

ADS

BW1426

I'd go with the Boulevard. Convertible carseats take up less front to back room than infant seats because they can be more upright when installed RFing. I think you'll be very pleased with the Boulevard. It should also help with your leg room if you install it in the center.

crunchierthanthou

In my experience, infant seats take up more room than anything- especially Evenflos that have to have the handle down and 1.5 inches of clearance. Older babies with good head control can be as upright as 30 degrees (measured from vertical), as opposed to the 45 degrees of an infant seat. It depends on how the convertible fits your car, but you will likely have more space no matter what you choose. Also, I had at least as much room in front of my son's Marathon (same size as Boulevard) as I did in front of his Roundabout (same size as Diplomat). Your best bet is to try them out in your car before you make your choice.

MissAllyLou

I second the Boulevard. You can install it much more upright than an infant seat for an older baby, so it will fit much better than her infant seat does. The Diplomat is outgrown early, and not always worth the extra money.

Kovachy83

Thanks for the quick replys!!

I've only found one place in town that has a Boulevard (Baby Depot) and nowhere with a Diplomat, so I don't have the option to try it out ahead of time.

I'm 99% sure I don't have a center seat belt. I have the hump in the middle. :thumbsdown:

I think I'll stick with the Boulevard CS Lauren... as soon as its in stock to ship out! :D

crunchierthanthou

I've only found one place in town that has a Boulevard (Baby Depot) and nowhere with a Diplomat, so I don't have the option to try it out ahead of time.

The Roundabout and Diplomat have the exact same shell dimensions and will install the same if you still want to try it out. I do think the Boulevard is a good choice given how much longer it will last.

You might find that it's difficult to buckle her in a convertible seat with a 2 door car. Several posters here are in the same situation and have found that it's easiest to climb into the back seat from the opposite side- as in, flip the driver's seat forward and sit on the rear seat as you buckle her. :)

Kovachy83

Thanks! That's actually what I do now with her carrier. She's 17lbs. 13.8 oz. and I'm pretty little myself, so I don't lug the carrier around when we go out anymore.

Kovachy83

We also don't have roundabouts here, if that's what you were saying... that I could try that instead of the diplomat.

Our TRU has one color marathon (their signature) and Baby Depot has one Marathon and one Boulevard. :p

I live in Lynchburg, VA... if you're wondering. haha

A lot of cars have humps in the middle that they pass off as the middle seat. Edmunds says it's a 5 seater. From what I remember, the coupe really wasn't that different from the sedan. I had a 1996 Civic sedan.

I just received my Boulevard yesterday. It's much smaller than I expected. If an infant seat will fit, the Blvd will fit. Even rear facing. If it's FF, then you're gonna have PLENTY of room.

jodibug

The Lauren is gorgeous, I would definitely go with it!

Now I just need to convince my husband that we need another Boulevard, even though the baby only rides in the van.

Kovachy83

I was really upset that I didn't get the Meghan in time, but I knew that had to mean they were coming out with another girly one!! So, I'm glad we waited. She still has 4 pounds left in her infant seat.

And the funny thing is that I originally wanted the Boulevard in Barrington 'cause they're so soft and the seats in my car are dark gray, but my husband insisted we get her a "pretty, girly one"!!

I'm already trying to think of where we can find the money for another for when she needs to ride in his car or family/sitter's, so mine can stay put! haha So, good luck!

Kovachy83

haha I actually went out to my car to check just to make sure. There is no middle seat belt for the hump. With seat belt laws the way they are in most states (I'm not sure if it's all) they need to start calling them 4 seaters. :p

Very interesting. I wonder if they have seatbelts for the middle seat in some states and not others? Considering it's Honda and their fascination with one size fits all, prolly not.

miraclebabies

The Lauren is gorgeous, I would definitely go with it!

Now I just need to convince my husband that we need another Boulevard, even though the baby only rides in the van.

Does anyone have a picture of the Lauren BLVD? I tried to google it and can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC