CARES now available at babyproofingplus.com

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Keep in mind that the Canadian members of Car-seat.org do own two CARES harnesses that are available to use for shipping+$5 ea. The $5 is a recovery amount to pay off the harnesses. Once they're paid for, there will no longer be any cost associated with using them (if they're still in circulation at that point) beyond regular shipping.

-Nicole.

canadiangie

Nicole,

Do you mean that *we* on this board have bought two CARES harnesses and they're available, for rent, plus shipping? (I don't get it :eek:). And if this is the case, who is the *we* that you speak of? (again, confused here).

FWIW, I don't need the CARES harness, I'm just asking for clarification on your post.

BudgieStew

Jenofeve,

I was wondering if you would know the answer to this question.

I'm flying in a couple weeks solo with the two children on AC.
Both children will be using the CARES but it is a plane with a row of two and two.
I am hoping that the we will be able to be seated with DD and I in one row and DS in the aisle across.

Will the FA have a problem with DS in the CARES on a aisle? It is not the same as a car seat blocking the way for another PAX but want to be sure about what is allowed and not allowed.
I did not prebook our seats so have to get seats assigned at the airport. Which in hindsight was stupid.

If we get broken up or DS gets put in a window it will not be a good thing for anyone involved.I usually end up in tears by the end of a flight with them.

My parents flew down with them in the harnesses in a row of three and three and both children were seated in the middle seats so they had no issues with a middle seat over the window. The FA were impressed with the CARES and thought it was a great idea. :)

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Canadiancarseatqueen,

We means..literally, ALL OF US. Every member here. I purchased two of them on behalf of the group, out of my own funds. There is no rental fee, per se--I just ask that if you use them, you contribute $5 towards paying off the purchase cost (if you can).. No rental fee--just use it as long as you need it, and then you just have to agree to forward the CARES harnesses on to the next member when you're done with them. Once they're paid off, they're paid off and there's just the shipping costs from the previous user to yourself.

-Nicole.

jenofeve

Hi ~ As far as I can see the it should be no problem. The only restriction is that the CARES device cannot be used in a restricted row (emergency exit rows). You will probably get questioned from the crew just because of the unfamiliarity of the device. The change was only made in May and since we train once a year some people won't review it during annual training until next Spring! Of course we're supposed to read new info as we insert it into our books BUT......

A quick summary about what our manuals say.....
The parent/guardian must be familiar with:

~The manufacturer’s installation
~The method of securing and releasing the infant/child from
the device
~The method of quickly releasing the infant/child from the
restraint in the event of an evacuation.

Crew should instruct the parent/guardian to:

~Sit in seat adjacent to the infant/child
~Keep infant/child in the device in the event of an
emergency landing
~Remove child from device in the event of an evacuation

Crew must ensure that the CARES device is not......

~Located in a restricted row
~Installed on a seat fitted with a inflatable seatbelt (some Business Class seats have this)

Even if you didn't pre book seats you can check in online as early as 24 hours in advance and select your seats online :) You can view the seat map and move your seats around even if it 'assigns' you seats online.

Good Luck!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
JI did not prebook our seats so have to get seats assigned at the airport.

Even if you didn't pre book seats you can check in online as early as 24 hours in advance and select your seats online :) You can view the seat map and move your seats around even if it 'assigns' you seats online.

:yeahthat: We always use web check-in as soon as it's available to us (i.e. right at the 24hr mark,) and we've always had good seat selection at that time. We've always gotten seats wherever we want. One other little tip... sometimes, when you select your seats it will give you an error something like "your seat change cannot be processed at this time," As I figure it, it only means you've chosen a row restricted to children (even if it's not a marked red exit row.) Just try again with a different seat choice. :thumbsup:

Happy travels!

BudgieStew

We flew home today on AC and I loved using the CARES for the kids.

The FA were aware of it from their manual but it was the first time they had saw one in use.
Asked where to get them and questions about use\ages\weight. Both had young children but I did get the impression that they felt that using it at 4 years of age was overkill. Oh well.

We were seated in the last row and parents with small children on the way to the bathroom asked me about them as well. BTW I think that is the first time we have been placed there and it was perfect...close to washroom and FA in case we needed something and less PAX to bother.

I took some quick pictures before they were adjusted properly and will post them later...the seat had side wings, so it created more slack then I would like but it did the job.

DD even fell asleep during take off..but that could have something to do with the fact that we got up at 1am for a 6am flight. I feel like I have been hit by a Mack truck.
And for only the second time in over a dozen flights with the kids it went amazing. Normally flights with them are close to hell.:)

Sorry I am gushing but I cannot get over how much easier it is then lugging the car seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC