BJCMD skin replacement peeps...

MySillyKids

So, i got my longly awaited skins in the mail today.

TOTALLY WRONG off colors. They don't match the hoods, and the quality of the new skins is WAY LESS. i'm livid. My DH is on the phone, and then we have to leave for therapy so i can't call right now.

photo-3.jpg

the replacement skins are on the left.

The trim of the replacement skins are the CORRECT color. Its so odd.

ugh ugh ugh.

photo-4.jpg

I called. She said she's not aware of a 'color change'

she's going to investage. She'd call me back in 2 hours (when i get home)

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

I am going to go check my new skins now. I haven't matched them up to my old skins to see if there are any changes. Sounds like they will be sending you some new hoods.

MySillyKids

new pics:

the piping trim is the CORRECT color. It matches the hoods/old skins completely.

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553-1.jpg

The piping color on the old skins matches completely. thats how far OFF the color is! eek!

IMG_0542.jpg

(new skins, old hoods, see the color difference?)

IMG_0545.jpg

texture difference. Origional belly pad on right.

she said the whole wearhouse for the blue looks like these. Bah!

i almost wanna trade colors, but my new skins wouldn't match my drip drop ju-ju-be :whistle:

arly1983

Mine were green and the replacement looked like the same color to me but that was a couple of months ago, I think.

ETA: Here they are. New one on left and old one on right.

Picture634.jpg
Picture565.jpg

Last edited:

lovinwaves

Arly, is your thread and stiching the same too? Mine is like MSK's, but my color is a little more alike. The stitching and thread they used is different, and in imo, not as nice of quality.

hkmomof5

I just called yesterday and was told that she never heard of a problem with the fabric on the BJCMS. I have to fax a picture, a receipt, and leave credit card info before they will consider replacement. Did any of you have this problem?? I thought it was a known defect?? Thanks.:(

ErinGoBragh

I talked to Paula and she didn't even question the problem when I told her what it was. All I said was the the skins were fraying by where the wheel connects.

She also said that they were awaiting a new shipment of skins. Now I just need to find that dang receipt.

pastrygirl

I had my red/black skin replaced on my single early this year, and it was the same as the original one (for the same fraying issue). I would've been SO upset if it didn't match!

arly1983

Arly, is your thread and stiching the same too? Mine is like MSK's, but my color is a little more alike. The stitching and thread they used is different, and in imo, not as nice of quality.

I don't know:confused: I don't think so but I will get the old skins out tomorrow and compare.

MySillyKids

I just got replacement skins for the messed up ones. Wow. that took forever :rolleyes:

BUT!!! they're the correct color :love:

i'll take pics after i put them on the stroller! :love:

ErinGoBragh

Uggg. I still cannot find my receipt to fax in for the replacements.:thumbsdown:

Anyone know if the invoice from my account on elitecarseat.com will be enough? I only have 13 days left for the warrenty.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC