shoulder space in Nautilis vs Frontier

horseymom

I'm going to be buying a new seat for my dd very soon (newly 4 years, 43 lbs 42" 15" torso)
I was al ready to get the frontier, but now the splitter plate issue is something I'd like to see if they resolve. The nautilis is supposed to be here around christmas (canada). I was wondering if it's anyone had pics of a bigger child in them to compare shoulder room. I haven't had a chance to try dd in the N b/c it's not here. I jut don't know what to think now???? I won't have a choice if dd grows any more before the N gets here, then I HAVE to buy the frontier.

thanks in advance :)

ADS

zactayaus

Here's pics of my 5yo and 10yo in the Nautilus and Frontier:

100_1771.jpg
100_1766.jpg

100_1788.jpg
100_1769.jpg

jernlor

So which do you prefer?...m

I have a gn and a frontier sitting in my house and can't decide which seat to keep for my newly 4 yo, 39 lb, 41" dd. The gn is obviously more narrow but is taller. I was having installation issues with the frontier and decided to wait until dh comes home (working back east for 3 weeks) to help see if we can master the installation. Despite the splitter plate issues, I 'think' I liked the frontier better but I need to be able to figure out the installation. What's your opinion? Thanks! Lori

Here's pics of my 5yo and 10yo in the Nautilus and Frontier:

100_1771.jpg
100_1766.jpg

100_1788.jpg
100_1769.jpg

zactayaus

If I could only choose one it would be a very tough decision. I like both seats for different reasons, but when it comes down to it I would probably pick the GN. It fits my ds better, is more affordable, and hasn't had all the issues that the Frontier has (I have had no issues with mine, but I rarely adjust the harness). The GN is very user friendly when it comes to installing it in different cars but I haven't had any issues installing the Frontier either it just takes a little bit longer if doing the long belt path. The Frontier is roomier in the shoulders but I like the way the GN hugs ds better (the seat is more contour like that of a captains chair rather than just a straight back. He is 5yo, 37lbs, 42", so kind of on the small side. Oh and when it comes to head slump we have had issues in both seats so that would not be a deciding factor for me. He just always seems to throw his head forward when he falls asleep in the car whereas my dd throws her head back when she sleeps. So it will depend alot on the child and how angled your seats are. I know how hard this choice is. Good luck.

horseymom

thanks, it just seems to me that the GN kind of pushes the childs shoulders out a bit and that that would be uncomfortable ??????

zactayaus

thanks, it just seems to me that the GN kind of pushes the childs shoulders out a bit and that that would be uncomfortable ??????

My kids have not complained about their shoulders at all in either seat. My ds did complain just a little about the backs of his legs hurting (the calf area)in the frontier. The reason is because his legs are not quite long enough to bend where the seat bends. He remedies this problem by sitting spread eagle which for some reason seems to work for him.

Citrine

My daughter does not complain of this either. When she does fall asleep, her head falls to one of the head wings and never has slumpt. I know it looks like it pushes their shoulders forward, but it does not.

Olivia 4.26.04 37lb 43in Regant/GN
Makayla 9.16.06 25lb 33in RF wizard

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC