Decided to get single stroller instead of double, want to get FPSV stroller...

Holly

I decided to get a single stroller instead of a double.
I know we will be going out a little less with 3 kids, at least to places where we need a stroller (mall, etc). Plus, the girls will be 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 when the baby comes, they aren't going to want to be in the stroller much longer anyway, and will be fine with walking, or we do have an umbrella stroller if we need to push Abby for a while still.
Also, another reason is because the double I would have wanted was the Joovy caboose and it was just too expensive for me, I dont use strollers that much, plus the front seat didn't look all that supportive and comfy for a small baby. THe kid in the back would be squished if the front seat was reclined.

So, now that I want a single stroller, I think I want to get the Fisher Price Safe Voyage stroller. It looks lightweight and it has good features. Plus I'm in love with my FPSVD seat for Abby, and they have the same pattern in the stroller.
As far as I can tell, it's only available on albeebaby.com. I can't tell from the pic or description, how many recline positions does it have? just upright or flat down, or are there others inbetween?
Some of the reviews on there say it doesnt actually stand on it's own when folded, is that right?
What if you lock the wheels and have it against a wall, will it stay up then?
Does it fold pretty small?
Other things (good or bad) about it?

Here is a link: http://www.albeebaby.com/fisher-price-safe-voyage-stroller-circus-dots.html

ADS

MySillyKids

Okay. I'm going to be brutally honest.

You need a double stroller.

Its nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me to take my 3 kids ANYWHERE with out my double stroller.

You don't baby wear. You're going to try to get 2 walking kids, and a baby all together? Wow. Go you. No way, no how would i EVER think of doing that.

I had a joovy caboose. It serves its purpose. I sold mine, because i needed a higher weight stroller.

Lovinwaves and I, both use our double stroller for our older kids for SAFETY. There's no way i would trust my 2, and 4 year old kids to MIND me, when i have a screaming infant to deal with.

I go out WAY less than i used to. But in a bind, i ALWAYS have a stroller.

So, if you go out, and you have an umbrealla stroller for the younger one, and a FP Stroller for the infant, and its just you?

is that really a smart choice?

Just trying to provide my :twocents: because i do have 3 kids already, and its not easy. and i baby wear, and its still tough.

good luck! :love:

ETA: there are TONS of joovy cabooses on my CL for like $50.

Holly

No, we'd only go out where we'd need the stroller when dh and I are together, so he could push one and I could push one.
I don't think I'll attempt taking all 3 kids anywhere by myself unless it's to the park which is just right behind my house. We don't need a stroller to go there now, I'd just use one then for the baby to sit in and play or sleep while the girls are playing.
When we go to the store, Abby and the baby will be in the cart, and Hannah will walk, or if dh is with me, she will be in a 2nd cart.
Hannah does really well walking with us now, and she is barely 3, I think Abby will be ok walking during short outings, or we have the umbrella stroller to put her in.

I just don't want to spend a lot on a double, especially if it's a double that I don't love. I'd rather have a single that I love. I had a Graco Duoglider and I sold it because it was a huge beast that I hated to push. Dh is annoyed that I sold it, he would flip if I spent a lot on another double when we had one already.

My favorite stroller I ever had was a lightweight kolcraft stroller just like this: http://www.kolcraft.com/product.aspx?id=131&&shopby=category
The FPSV stroller reminds me of it, except it looks a lot nicer.

MySillyKids

hah! i just bought the Jeep version for MissK today!

so what about like well baby visits (i'm not trying to be mean, i'm trying to be honest, and realistic) is your DH able to come to all of those too?

because for me, having a screaming infant, and two kids in the DR's office (before we got the BJCMD) was a nightmare.

Well i also have to note, that my dh doesn't go with me anywhere. (which i love lol)

Holly

For dr visits, I think the girls would be fine to walk.
We only have 1 car, so I wont be going places with them alone (at least in the car) unless it's to dr visits, which I dont feel the need for a stroller there, other than one for the baby. On the days we have appointments, I drive dh to work so I can have the car that day, then I pick him up.
Usually I am just at home, and if we go anywhere during the days we dont have the car, it will either be in the backyard to play, or the park (which is practically in the back yard. The library is just right across the street too, but I dont take them there unless dh is with me because they are crazy there.
They mind pretty well everywhere else though.

Kabes

Sorry, I don't have any experience with that stroller. I just wanted to say that I've never had a double stroller and I have 4 kids (all about 2 years apart).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't think you can go wrong for $40 :thumbsup:
If you decide you need a double, you can always get one...do you have a used/consignment store you can keep tabs on? The perfect cheap double might just show up if you keep an eye out for it if you need it.

As far as cheap strollers go, the Kolcrafts tend to be pretty good quality, I wonder if that FP is just a re-branded Kolcraft like the Jeep that MSK posted?

TerisBoys

What about one like this Holly? It folds small and is closer to the size of a single instead of a double.

I've played with it in the store, and really like it.

I had the Kolcraft version of this side by side for William and Ryan and really liked it as well. It folds to about the size of 2 umbrella strollers side by side.

I'm not trying to talk you out of a single. I just know from experience that going from 2 kids to 3 is a whole different ballgame that from one to two.

lovinwaves

I had the Kolcraft version of this side by side for William and Ryan and really liked it as well. It folds to about the size of 2 umbrella strollers side by side.

I'm not trying to talk you out of a single. I just know from experience that going from 2 kids to 3 is a whole different ballgame that from one to two.

:yeahthat: There was one of those jeep doubles at our waterpark last year. I kept looking at it and doing a doubletake because I thought it was some foreign high end stroller LOL. Anyways, I love that middle handlebar :thumbsup: Very practical!

keri1292

My boys were a year and 10 days apart. And I have late walkers, so for 5 months I had two non-mobile babies and a newly 4yo. I LOVED my double (Aria twin), but I usually wore one of the babies and pushed my oldest. She's still not a walker. :rolleyes: So, I can see a single working for an experienced babywearer. In fact, I ut them both in the sling when we went somewhere that wasn't stroller friendly. :D

For $40, even if it craps out in a year, eh, that's like $4 a month. And I love the pattern. :love:

lovemybabies924

i had that umbrella looking tandem one before...dont waste your money! i had to sell it before my DD turned 2 cuz she was too heavy for the seat even tho she was below the weight limit. I have an autistic 5 year old, a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old..i dont own a double either! i bought a maclaren rally twin and never used it cuz DD didnt want to sit!! if you want a stroller that can hold 2 if you need it get a peg perego pliko p3, you can probably find an EUC one for under 100 bucks and it has the footboard on the back for a toddler if they dont want to walk! i use a moneky backpack leash for my DD to keep her safe and close as shes young and wont listen!!!!!

super_grape

i have a 2 1/2 year old, almost 5 year old, and a 6 month old and
we just sold our double. it was just too much and i never used
it. when we go out to walk, the baby rides in the mei tai and
the 2 year old rides in the stroller. we currently have just one
car so dh is usually with us when we go out but if he's not then
we travel the same way in the stores.....or i put both girls in a cart
if it's a big box store.
i thought i HAD to have a double stroller but turns out it's actually
easier for me to have a single.

holly, if i were you, i would get that FP stroller and a mei tai
(there's a seller on ebay who has several for under $25)...like
jools said, if you decide you absolutely need one they're pretty easy to find.

also, i had the safety first tandem that teri linked too and it's not bad.
the basket is literally the size of a shoe box but it was nice and narrow
and fairly easy to navigate. i pledged the wheels every so often and that
seemed to help.

Brycen'sMommy

I am debating between the Fisher Price stroller and a Graco Metrolite (on clearance at BRU) for a Disneyland trip next month. I have been searching for information on it and I found this thread to be helpful. There is even a link to pictures of it folded. I am still undecided about it so if you do buy it soon then post a review. :)

Last edited:

Holly

Yeah, I looked for that one at my biglots and they don't have it.
I was also thinking I'd want something that a little baby could go in too, and the sit n stand types cant recline much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC