Question What about Class B Motorhomes?

ADS

Qarin

Well. They claim to do occupant protection crash testing:

http://www.roadtrek.com/safetyfeatures.aspx

Unfortunately, I think there's probably no way to know. I'm drooling heavily over that RS-Adventurous Sprinter based model! I'd want to study how the seatbelts were anchored, consider how much I believe the claims that they've done good crash testing, and then conjure up $100k to buy it.

HEVY

Doesn't the seatbelt have to be installed to the frame? It looks liek the drivers side is built into the frame but the passenger side I can't see where the belt is. I guess calling them would be way to know. just wondering if anyone knew.

I like the 210-Versatile.

Last edited:

Qarin

I have heard-tell of RV seatbelts, for seats other than the up front driver and passenger, being bolted to plywood, and other less-than-strong added parts of the vehicle. The Roadtrek RVs are not put together at a big vehicle factory- they strip out a vehicle (like the Sprinter) and then build in the RV stuff. I'd trust the front seats, but there's no real reason the rear seats would have truly reliable seatbelts, and many seatbelt laws exempt motorhomes, or exempt passengers not in the front seats.

Washington's law is explained like this:

"Do persons in a camper or motor home have to wear safety belts?

"Persons in the driving compartment must use proper restraints. Persons in the living area should use restraints if there are restraints available. "

So, uh. I don't know. I'm optimistic, for some reason, about that Roadtrek.

HEVY

I wouldn't trust the seats in the back, even though they are installed in the side frame like the drivers. But meant the second row captains, they are also installed in the floor and side frame. I think the ones in full sized RVs are installed in the seats? But the Class Bs are vans, I don't know if they count as vans or RVs.

Melanie

The other safety issue is all the potential projectiles. Can you imagine all the stuff flying out of the cabinets at you.

HEVY

I don't think I would have anything in the cabinets but clothes, maybe some paper plates and cups.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC