Oobr in Canada?

I'm looking for a booster to use as a spare seat for DS1 (5.5 years, 42 lbs). The seat would probably be used about once a week for now, and if it was a great seat, we'd use it as his primary seat once he outgrows the RN. He still has about 1/2" in torso growth room, so we have some time there. He rides in a PW with my parents, and if the PW were still available here, we'd pick up another one.

I've heard rumours that the Oobr will likely be available in Canada since the company is Canadian. Does anybody have any info about when it might get here? I'd love to compare it to the Monterey before buying, but if it's going to take forever to get here like the Nautilus has, I might not be able to wait.

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Oobr has been talked or speculated about on c-s.org, but it's relatively unknown elsewhere in Canada (irl), imo. I expect Clek would step up with the marketing campaign soon to release this supposedly awesome seat and distribute to more stores (hint Michael/Clek ;) )

clek

That's not a good sign ...

Don't fret
We are listed as Magna Aftermarket Inc. with Transport Canada. Our National safety mark number is T64. There's some confusion sometimes between Magna Aftermarket/clek. Car seats can't be sold in Canada unless they have this safety mark. Our seats have been available in Canada since 2006.
Just wanted to clear that up.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks, Michael. Don't worry--everyone here knows and loves your company. It has been amazing to have you as a representative here, and it's wonderful knowing that there's a carseat manufacturer right here in Canada. I do think people get confused about the nomenclature.

-Nicole.

bubbaray

it's wonderful knowing that there's a carseat manufacturer right here in Canada.

:thumbsup:

Yeah -- that. Now, if only Magna/Clek made a harnessed booster like the Frontier/Nautilus, with all sorts of spiffy covers (can you say animal print or pink camo?!), I'd be in heaven....

I'm eagerly awaiting the Oobr. A harnessed booster would be a wonderful addition to the Magna/Clek lineup, but if the dedicated booster is close to arriving here, I can't wait!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC