2nd set of seats for Grandma?

northernmommy

Due to the current marital situation (or lack thereof!) , I'm considering relocating back to my hometown for at least the next 18 months, until I can get my feet under me and build a better life for the kids and I. I've got lots of family and friends there, so it will be easier to juggle a job and childcare, plus all the other things that come with single parenting...

So, I need some suggestions from you guys as to which seats to take for my mom's vehicle (mid 90's MPV, not sure of exact year). Currently, in my van, they are in:

H (5yo, 46lbs): RN, just above the 2nd highest slots
K (40mo, 35lbs):TF, can't for the life of me remember which slots she's at, but she's about 1" below the 2nd highest slots in a RN
E:(15mo, 22lbs):RF RN

So I have 2 RN's and 1 TF in my van, plus I have another TF that I use for the daycare kiddos. Basically I need 2 more seats, and although money suddenly got tight, I wouldn't blink about buying 2 more RN's or TF's if that would be the best bet.

Right now, I'm thinking of this:

H: RN
K: spare TF
E: scenera

That way I'd have to buy a RN ($240) and a Scenera ($100), totalling about $340. Except then the Scenera only RF to 30lbs, and I can't count on being able to swap K's TF for it, because she may have outgrown it by then. Would it be better to get two more TF's for $400 and be done? I plan to swap E's RN for one of the TF's so he can RF to 35lbs anyhow.

Normally, I actually love agonizing and plotting over carseat scenerios, but there's so much going on right now that I just don't have the energy...so tell me what to do! :dizzy:

TIA!

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think I'd go with 2 TFs on sale at TRU for $160/ea until Aug 22. Make that $320 before taxes. And you'll have 4 TFs, 2 RNs to use in between 2 vehicles.

And hugs re. your family/marital situation and hope the move goes well for you and the kids (if you decide to relocate home)

Carefulove

I think I'd go with 2 TFs on sale at TRU for $160/ea until Aug 22. Make that $320 before taxes. And you'll have 4 TFs, 2 RNs to use in between 2 vehicles.

And hugs re. your family/marital situation and hope the move goes well for you and the kids (if you decide to relocate home)

And If you buy them at TRU, make sure you ask them for the TWIN discount. If you are purchasing 2 seats of the same model/style they will give you 10% off the seats. You don't have to give them details of your children, just ask for a Twin discount. Some cashiers don't know about this, so have them ask or call a manager!

Good luck to you and your kids!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC