Would it be worth it?

djma

Would you buy a BLVD to rf a 30 pound (fully clothed w/shoes and a full belly) 28 month old -- if it is the 33 lb limit???

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It would depend. At that age, I would really prefer to keep them RF. What seat is he in now?

lemurmommies

I'd be more inclined to buy a True Fit (in fact, I did buy a True Fit) to RF a child that was already that close to the BVs limit. The True Fit RFs to 35 pounds.

ETA - really, any 35 pound seat would be my preference over a 33 pound BV. I just mentioned the TF because it has nice deep sides and provides good side impact protection, as does the BV.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Unless it was a terrific bargain, I would not buy a 33-pound seat. I would buy a 35-pound seat if I could.

djma

His main seat is a rf'ng Triumph advance. But this fall I may have two 3-year olds that I need to get to and from school. I want our TA's to use for them so that I can adjust the harness easily. And we *may* have a chance to buy a new seat. I really like the BLVD barrington pattern - and I'm assuming it would be a 35-pound limit, but if not...I just didn't know if it would be worth it. I'm going to try him in one at BRU (he has not liked the headwings before, but I think they're wider now) to see how he fits.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Unless it was a GREAT deal I would find a 35lb limit one especially since your child is so close to 33lbs already.

PixieEMT

Would you buy a BLVD to rf a 30 pound (fully clothed w/shoes and a full belly) 28 month old -- if it is the 33 lb limit???

I just bought a Blvd in Barrington from Hipmonkey. Love Hipmonkey! Not loving my Blvd though.

The max harness height is 16". My son (21months, 30lbs) is going through another growth spurt..sleeping all the time, eating like a horse. I measured his torso last night he shot up to a 12.5"! :eek: I haven't measured his standing height yet.

:eek: I wished I would have kept the EFTA instead. :eek: We plan on having another child so it's not such a big deal. We will just buy our DS a Regent or GN and pass the Blvd and MA down. :twocents:

Kat_Momof3

No, but I'd go to biglots and get a Safety 1st Uptown for 65 bucks (in seated height, it's about the same height as a Blvd/marathon)

OR... I'd buy a Radian!

djma

I just bought a Blvd in Barrington from Hipmonkey. Love Hipmonkey! Not loving my Blvd though.

The max harness height is 16". My son (21months, 30lbs) is going through another growth spurt..sleeping all the time, eating like a horse. I measured his torso last night he shot up to a 12.5"! :eek: I haven't measured his standing height yet.

:eek: I wished I would have kept the EFTA instead. :eek: We plan on having another child so it's not such a big deal. We will just buy our DS a Regent or GN and pass the Blvd and MA down. :twocents:

Thank you for the tip! I **love** our EFTA!! I'm sad to have to use them for the other boys...I may see if I can find another setup.

steph

I'd probably get a MA instead of the BV, in fact a few months ago I sold my 33 pound rf BV for a 35 pound rf MA to keep Ryan rf longer. I got my MA from hipmonkey too and it has a 35 lb rf limit!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC