BPA-free Playtex 2-pk sippy cups for $3.52 at BRU

arly1983

I just got back from BRU and all their playtex 2-pk sippy cups are $2.00 off the regualar price so I paid $3.52 for two BPA free sippys. You really can't beat that (unless you have a coupon:whistle:) It was the ones on the left of this picture. The ones on the right would be $5.99 (reg.7.99) for two.

new_90z_combined.jpg

ADS

BW1426

I'm very intrigued by this bottle swapping that everyone is talking about at BRU. Can someone enlighten me?

ETA: I saw the other thread floating around about this.

What do they do with these used bottles--recycle them or donate them?

And, are the newer Avent's BPA free yet?

arly1983

OOH. Nice. DId you swap some bottles while you were there? Everyone is doing that.

Yes ;)

I'm very intrigued by this bottle swapping that everyone is talking about at BRU. Can someone enlighten me?

ETA: I saw the other thread floating around about this.

What do they do with these used bottles--recycle them or donate them?

And, are the newer Avent's BPA free yet?

No idea what they do with them. I didn't think to ask. :confused:

As for new Avent's being BPA free, they were supposed to be released in the summer of 2008 but no new on that yet.

ErinGoBragh

Thanks for the info! I have a few other brands that I am going to chuck. I love that the regular playtex cups stack. Takes up a lot less space.

indigoblossom

how can you tell which playtex are BPA free? not that we need more sippies (invested in WAY too many born frees and foogo!) but i was at BRU today and didn't notice anything special about the playtex cups. though i did see many avent products with a "BPA-Free" sitcker slapped on the packaging. that didn't seem very convincing to me and none of the bottles had them, just the sippies and toddler spouts.

oh and there were blue foogos are our BRU - i was so tempted by the food container but i resisted, figuring i'd find a better deal online. just didn't know they carried them :)

arly1983

how can you tell which playtex are BPA free? not that we need more sippies (invested in WAY too many born frees and foogo!) but i was at BRU today and didn't notice anything special about the playtex cups. though i did see many avent products with a "BPA-Free" sitcker slapped on the packaging. that didn't seem very convincing to me and none of the bottles had them, just the sippies and toddler spouts.

oh and there were blue foogos are our BRU - i was so tempted by the food container but i resisted, figuring i'd find a better deal online. just didn't know they carried them :)

LOL, that is because the sippies and toddler spouts are the ONLY things made by avent that are BPA free (well, except their not so popular disposable line)

Follow this link and click on the link "Product Materials Chart" and a chart will come up of all Playtex products, if they have BPA, and what exactly each piece is made of. The Sipster and Insulator (the cups I have pictured above) have always been BPA free and made with a "safe" plastic.

Babierus's BPA free solid feeding section also has the Playtex cups included (just not the style that is 3.52) Not all of the current bottles/sippy cups contain BPA.

It doesn't take anything special to be BPA-free. It just needs to be the right plastic. LOL, the cheapie old-style gerber and evenflo bottles are BPA-free and my mom used them. :D

Its just finding out which are BPA free and which aren't.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and that free BPA bottle from Playtex form still works. I have gotten one and my sister just ordered on a couple of days ago.

indigoblossom

LOL, that is because the sippies and toddler spouts are the ONLY things made by avent that are BPA free (well, except their not so popular disposable line)

Follow this link and click on the link "Product Materials Chart" and a chart will come up of all Playtex products, if they have BPA, and what exactly each piece is made of. The Sipster and Insulator (the cups I have pictured above) have always been BPA free and made with a "safe" plastic.

Babierus's BPA free solid feeding section also has the Playtex cups included (just not the style that is 3.52) Not all of the current bottles/sippy cups contain BPA.

It doesn't take anything special to be BPA-free. It just needs to be the right plastic. LOL, the cheapie old-style gerber and evenflo bottles are BPA-free and my mom used them. :D

Its just finding out which are BPA free and which aren't.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and that free BPA bottle from Playtex form still works. I have gotten one and my sister just ordered on a couple of days ago.

yeah, it's interesting how the BPA free thing has become some sort of popular catch phrase. my fiance received a promo water bottle the other day with a BPA free sticker on the bottom. i removed it to see it was plastic #7 and opened the lid to reveal a horrid smell. he said it gave hima headache right away and we agreed that even if something is BPA free, it may still be full of other toxic crap.

i think the phthalate free stuff might of more importance to me but i felt confident with my born free purchase.

arly1983

yeah, it's interesting how the BPA free thing has become some sort of popular catch phrase. my fiance received a promo water bottle the other day with a BPA free sticker on the bottom. i removed it to see it was plastic #7 and opened the lid to reveal a horrid smell. he said it gave hima headache right away and we agreed that even if something is BPA free, it may still be full of other toxic crap.

i think the phthalate free stuff might of more importance to me but i felt confident with my born free purchase.

The playtex chart I linked you too lists if the product is phthalate free as well. The sippys I listed are.

arly1983

awesome. it looks like i didn't have to get rid of our sipsters but oh well. i'm rather liking what's in our cupboards now.

Yeah, I could kiss whoever came up with the idea for that chart at playtex. Really.

Gerber is have a horrible time with their pacifier line. At first, all the Nuk were BPA free then it was all of the Nuk made after a certain date, then it was if it wasn't on the package, it isn't BPA free. Man, do they know what they make those things out of? or do they use random plastic every day. :whistle::cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC