What carseat should I get?

B

brookmom

Hi,
I live in a large city and don't have a car; therefore, I use a carseat only for taxis and travel. We have been using the Sit 'n Stroll since my DD outgrew her infant seat. Now she is 4 years-old and has outgrown that according to the 40 inch height requirement, not for the weight one, though. I'm looking for something new for her, but I'd like something that is safe, light, easy transportable, and that uses a seatbelt instead of a latch (since a lot of taxis don't have the latch system). Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate this. I've done a lot of research and can't seem to figure out what would best suit our needs.
Thanks so much.

NY Mom

ADS

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
In my fuzzy memory there is some sort of conveyance that you can attach to a large car seat and then it can be a "stroller" for the purposes of running through the airport and such...anyone remember the name of it exactly? I want to say it's called the "go" or something...you could attach it to a Britax seat....:confused:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ah, you're thinking of the Gogo Kidz Travelmate. It would need to be unhooked from the carseat before installing the carseat in a vehicle, but could make it easier to wheel the carseat around outside the vehicle.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
When using a carseat the height limit is a guide. They have to list something, but they have no way of knowing if a child will carry their height in their torso or in their legs. For weight it doesn't matter, the weight is everywhere, but the height is different.

The Sit N Stroll has some REALLY low top slots (I think the lowest out there) and a forward facing seat is outgrown when the shoulders go over the top slot. I'd be surprised if your four year old still actually fit in it safely. A seat is also outgrown when the tips of the ears reach the top of the shell.

I'd look at a Ride Safer Travel Vest, like jools said. It's portable and lightweight and easy to use. With a lap and shoulder belt neither LATCH or a top tether are required. However with a lap belt only it does require a top tether. It offers no more side impact protection than a five point harness, though, so I'd want to put the child in the middle if at all possible.

Wendy

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
Agree with above...the vest would be MUCH easier...but thanks to Jeanum for the info on the gogo kidz...I knew it was something; but that would be way to bulky for everyday use.
Useful for flying with your Britax seat and toting your child in it...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC