New Official Information on Britax Frontier Installations

BabyKaykes

I haven't been so impressed with a mfg company since Graco said LATCH was approved in booster mode for the GN...I could cry...and I don't even have one...

But I am THOUROUGHLY impressed. Two thumbs up for Britax!!!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
ok can someone clarify, is this new one the LBP and the one that comes with the seat the SBP? Also is there anything wrong with running that belt along the front of the seat as they recommend now? Anything different structurally?

Also what exactly does this poster mean when they say this:

"I called Britax to see if the block could remain in the rear position in Harness mode and was told no. With
the block forward the seat hung off my vehicle seat...just didn't seem to fit."

can someone show a photo? Does it ship in the mode for harness or not? and what is this block that I need to move forward? I haven't installed yet, just trying to get clarification before I send DH out there to do it. :)

The LBP is the "new" way of installing it. There is nothing wrong with using the long belt path--if there were, Britax wouldn't allow it. The LBP is the same concept as what is used on the Regent (depending on weight--apparently, and fortunately, the Frontier doesn't have that restriction.)

The belt doesn't really "run along" the front of the seat. It goes over the one side, then loops behind the seat, then comes back out to loop over the other side and buckle.

I don't have the seat, but in looking at the manual, the "block" is just a piece of the base that flips forward or backward depending on what mode it's in. It doesn't appear that it's too difficult to move from one setting or the other. Just check the manual to make sure you're using the right one.

seamonkeys

I'm so glad I didn't make a decision today! I was heading towards the Nautilus, but now that the LBP can be used, I'm back to thinking about the Frontier!!! And I just got a 20% coupon for CSNstores.com (filled out a survey from a recent order that didn't even get fulfilled!!!) and that would bring the cost down to $224!!

carseatfreak

I'm nuts...shipped my Frontier back on Thursday after talking to seller and them saying they didn't know when to expect the instructions. So...ordered the last pink sky from another site last night (with ship insurance). I really want to try installing this puppy with the LBP!! I am so excited!! :) Isn't it amazing the things that excite us so much?!?!

singingpond

ok can someone clarify, is this new one the LBP and the one that comes with the seat the SBP? Also is there anything wrong with running that belt along the front of the seat as they recommend now? Anything different structurally?

"I called Britax to see if the block could remain in the rear position in Harness mode and was told no. With

can someone show a photo? Does it ship in the mode for harness or not? and what is this block that I need to move forward? I haven't installed yet, just trying to get clarification before I send DH out there to do it. :)

If you choose to do the long belt path install, make sure you understand that the seat belt has to go all the way back through the seat shell in the middle area of the seat. In other words, that center horizontal run of the seat belt will be right between the vehicle backrest and the back of the plastic shell of the carseat. An error that people sometimes make on LBP installs is to run the seatbelt back through the slit in the cover fabric, but then leave it in front of the actual seat shell. That would be wrong. LBP is sometimes called 'serpentine' belt path -- it has to meander in a 'serpentine' or 'snake-like' way back and forth through the seat shell.

As for your questions about the block and the harness, your seat and its manual should answer those questions for you.... if/when you open the box.

Good luck to your DH!

Katrin

singingpond

I'm impressed that Britax addressed the problem so quickly (although still not so impressed that they didn't realize it would BE a problem before shipping the seat :rolleyes:).

And it's nice just to have an additional installation method for greater flexibility, period. Now one can try either install method in any vehicle with L/S belts, regardless of child weight, which increases the odds of a successful install (compared to a seat with a single allowed method).

It's (fortunately) not like the newer Regent rules, which effectively reduce installation flexibility by requiring both LBP and SBP to work in your vehicle, if you want to install the seat correctly for a child first using the seat below 40 pounds, and then above 40 pounds.

Has there been any word on when the Frontier will appear in brick and mortar stores? What about BRU specifically? I think I've read comments here A) that BRU will carry the Frontier; and B) that BRU definitely won't carry the Frontier.... so I'm confused :) on that point.

Katrin

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm impressed that Britax addressed the problem so quickly (although still not so impressed that they didn't realized it would BE a problem before shipping the seat :rolleyes:).
:D:D:D Yeah, they used to be a little more pre-release cautious..I knew someone that got all kinds of tester models before seats went on sale...I think they solved some problems before they started that way :whistle:

aisraeltax

i agree this is a great response from Britax. i do hope they are reprinting manuals though....i dont think many parents are going to go to the website for further directions.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Crap...now the Frontier just came off my nixed list...Is Target.com going to carry them? I really need to find out the fit to child before I commit to one...so I need a site where I can either return for free, or return to a B&M store...:confused:

mom23boys

Crap...now the Frontier just came off my nixed list...Is Target.com going to carry them? I really need to find out the fit to child before I commit to one...so I need a site where I can either return for free, or return to a B&M store...:confused:

I know that Elite carseats has return shipping insurance that you can purchase! If it doesn't work, you can ship it back for a few bucks!

Lys

Senior Community Member
OMG! stroller freak! I just spit Coke through my nose after seeing your avatar!
ROFL! I :love:that movie!

BookMama

Senior Community Member

I don't have a Frnotier, but here is what LBP looks like on my Regent. It's the same basic concept.

RegentLBP.jpg

Lys

Senior Community Member

Have you read the manual? :scratcheshead:
All your questions are easily addressed there.
And if you can't access the one on the seat, here is the online manual.
http://www.britaxusa.com/support/documents/Frontier_P241400_R1.pdf

And here is the new installation tips document,
http://www.britaxusa.com/documents/FrontierInstallationTips.pdf

Last edited:

Melizerd

LBP is confusing/overwhelming at first, but once you do it a few times, it's really cool. :thumbsup:

Here's a great installation video put together by Heather (murphydog): http://carseatsite.com/videos.htm#regent videos

wow, how I don't have that bookmarked is beyond me. Heather Rocks! I know Britax has some videos up now but Heather's are wonderful. :D :love: It hard to explain the LBP/SBP without seeing it.

jwren

I printed out the new tips sheet, but the manual is kinda hard to read being you can't take it off the seat. I will look at the online one and maybe just print the pages I need...

Have you read the manual? :scratcheshead:
All your questions are easily addressed there.
And if you can't access the one on the seat, here is the online manual.
http://www.britaxusa.com/support/documents/Frontier_P241400_R1.pdf

And here is the new installation tips document,
http://www.britaxusa.com/documents/FrontierInstallationTips.pdf

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I printed out the new tips sheet, but the manual is kinda hard to read being you can't take it off the seat. I will look at the online one and maybe just print the pages I need...

Not everyone realizes this at first, but you can remove Britax manuals from the seat. Just fold/roll the manual in half lengthwise and slip the elastic loop around it. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC