Problem with my Aduster Strap since carseat clinic

syanchyk

Hello,

I commented early this week that I went to the carseat clinic in Ottawa, Canada on Saturday to have my Marathon checked out and I had installed it ahead of time in the back passenger side rear facing in my 2004 VW golf. I had no problems with it and was happy.

When at the clinic I told the technicians that I really wanted to put it in the middle but was not sure if I could get it in without the front seats hitting it. We put it in together and I am so happy. BUT!!! when I was there trying to get my 18 pound, 8 month old into the seat we didn't have a problem except I had trouble with the Aduster strap at the bottom between his feet. I tried to pull it but it was very difficult and the technician played with it and said that I just need to jiggle it. I tried yesterday and again today and I don't feel comfortable at all with it. It almost feels like something is jamming it. It worked fine before when I had the carseat installed using the Latch. Is there something that could be causing this problem? I feel that Britax carseat are made well and I that it must be an installation problem. I am very worried and also frustrated because now my son is crying because I am pulling like crazy to get it tight and its not making for an easy transition from my arms to the seat.

Please help.

Sarah

ADS

syanchyk

Would like to remove post but I don't know how. I went out to my car and played around with the cover and the staps and I think I fixed it. I will try later with my son to make sure it works with him in it. One other question, what do you do with the latch hooks that dangle from the carseat when not using them.

Sarah

tcottawa

Would like to remove post but I don't know how. I went out to my car and played around with the cover and the staps and I think I fixed it. I will try later with my son to make sure it works with him in it. One other question, what do you do with the latch hooks that dangle from the carseat when not using them.

Sarah

There should be pockets for them under the cover (part of the cover, actually) on either side of the "seat" part of the seat, if that makes any sense...

syanchyk

Just looked at the manual online and it shows that there is actually a latch compartment. You have to lift up the cover and it is at the back under the bum/lower back. I thought it was pretty unsafe to have them dangle.

Sarah

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Just looked at the manual online and it shows that there is actually a latch compartment. You have to lift up the cover and it is at the back under the bum/lower back. I thought it was pretty unsafe to have them dangle.

Sarah
Check under the side of your cover as well, there may be hidden pouches on each side. I just bought a Marathon with a manufacture day of Feb. '08 and it still had the LATCH pouches (apparently some people have said they removed them at some point). Mine also has the compartment under the bum.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
On the original question--it's an extremely valid question, since the adjuster strap stickiness is a huge issue with the Marathon. I don't know about "jiggl[ing] it", but you can do one of two things to make the adjustment a little easier--firstly, you can reach your hand around the back of the seat, and pull the slack out/down from the straps above the splitter plate (the single metal piece that the two harness straps connect to) while pulling the adjuster strap to tighten the harness; secondly, you can harness your child, estimate the slack, and then push the red button to release the harness, then remove the approximated additional slack, and re-harness.

Most people tend not to loosen off the harness when removing their child from the Marathon, and that way as long as you have consistently thick clothing on your child you won't have any problems. I know it becomes second nature to loosen the harness when getting your child out of an infant seat, but this is not necessary in a convertible.

-Nicole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC