how long did your child last the ma,age and height

lauralou

I am looking for comparison pics or post of how long your child lasted in their ma and age ,height.This is for showing my sister and other members why they are worth the money.thank you for corporation.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
5 years, 42", 42 pounds.

I realize that this is not the most popular POV here, but if you are trying to convince people to buy Marathons, an economic argument is not your best bet. There are many seats that last longer and cost less.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Well, if I had been able to purchase a DC (same size as MA) when my son was 1, he would still be using it.

He'll be 7 in three weeks. Here he is in his sister's DC about two months ago.

BBDC1.jpg

BBDC2.jpg

lauralou

Wow thanx for responding so well.I am not really trying to convince,my sister and cousin want them,but keep asking what if ,what if,so I am showing them the age comparisons.

Cedarmom

He outgrew the MA at 4 years 6 months, 43 inches, 40 lbs. I'm sure I have pics somewhere but don't have time to look right this second.

He still has room in the Decathalon. Just sayin'. :cool:

MomToEliEm

When I tried my DD in the marathon when she was 4, she was just about to outgrow the top harness slot. She was around 4.5 years old and weight somewhere between 35-38 pounds. She just turned 6 last week and is very near the top slot on the regent, but I keep hoping to get more time out of the seat. My DD has a long torso though so she tends to outgrow seats more quickly (she outgrew the roundabout at age 2 by height).

ginny4

my DD is almost outgrown the FPSVD. she became even shortley after the pic but then i recliend the seat mroe & gained about 1/4in again.

in pic she is 3.75yo, just 40lbs & 42-43in
2008-1151.jpg

BabyKaykes

My godson outgrew it late last year at 4yo, 51" (ALL legs) and 38lb. Shoulders at top slots and ears even with seat back. This is the FPSVD, but he fit the same in the MA.
brycefpsvd.jpg

scatterbunny

I think it can range from 4-7 for most kids. I think I've heard of a rare 3yo (almost 4) who was too tall, and a rare 8yo who still fits.

My own child was too tall for a MA by 4y9mo, about 46 inches tall and 46 pounds.

lauralou

Ok they have agreed the 4-7 years is worth it.And that they like britax being close to them in greenville,they are not far from charolette.thanks to all of you who posted.

dhardawa

Emily is 8 1/2, 48 inches, and 48 lbs and still fits in the Marathon.

Please excuse the fact that she looks stoned in the picture.

EmilyMarathon8Years4Months-1.jpg

EmilyMarathon8Years4Months-2.jpg

dhardawa

I think it can range from 4-7 for most kids. I think I've heard of a rare 3yo (almost 4) who was too tall, and a rare 8yo who still fits.

My own child was too tall for a MA by 4y9mo, about 46 inches tall and 46 pounds.

I saw a 2 1/2 year old who was too tall. I didn't believe it until the mom sent pictures, but sure enough, he was too tall. Funny thing was, he was a twin and his brother was still on the second to the top set of slots. He was just a very tall boy!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC