Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Britax Regent in 2000 LeSabre center back seat placement

I have a question regarding the Regent that we bought last week. We just installed it over the weekend, but the bottom car seat has an over-hang. I don't like how it actually hands past the back of the seat.

Is this normal????? Britax is not opened on the weekend, but I will call them tomorrow. This worries me considerably. Even though the carseat seems very secure in terms of no movement and fastened properly, I am just worried about the overhang.

This car seems as though it would be too large for any back seat. A Buick LeSabre is actually a family size vehicle. We have it installed in the center of the back seat since we have one child only.

Thanks.

Susan

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Britax Regent in 2000 LeSabre center back seat placement

As long as 80% of the base is on the car's seat you're good to go. :-) If the recline bar is pushing it too far out you can put your weight against the front of the seat as you install it, rather than down toward the bum of the seat. That will push it back into the cushions, giving less overhang and more leg room.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 53", 92#, Nuna Aaces, Chicco KidFit
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

Unregistered

Re: Britax Regent in 2000 LeSabre center back seat placement

"As long as 80% of the base is on the car's seat you're good to go. :-) If the recline bar is pushing it too far out you can put your weight against the front of the seat as you install it, rather than down toward the bum of the seat. That will push it back into the cushions, giving less overhang and more leg room. "

Thanks Wendy!

Who says "80% is fine"? Did you ask Britax this or did someone else tell you this?
    Thank you also for the tip regarding the overhang! I truly do appreciate it.

I'm going to call Britax but they aren't opened on the weekends, and apparently are closed today for the holiday.

Thanks again.