• Regent

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • GN

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

momof2kiddos

I am getting DS a new HWH seat,I need something that has no base to a very low base.I am debating between the Gn or the regent.

I am can spend up to $230,and right now the regent is on sale still so this is why it's an option:)

Here is why I am confused,the GN would be a easy install,the regent,Umm I don't even know how too.Plus I am little confused on how long I can use latch on the regent.

The regent,easy to come by,the Gn not so much,all my stores are sold out as well as online.

The GN IRL seems flismyer(even a word,LOL??)to me then the regent does.

SIP is a HUGE deal for me,I have to have some good SIP on my seat

The Gn looks more like a bog boy seat so my DS probably won't fuss as much staying harnessed until closer to age 7 even after his freinds have most likely all moved into boosters(but of ocurse I am not even close to having to deal with this I just am dumb and think about things like this:eek:

The Gn fits my ds's body frame better,the regent seems so wide on him,but yet still fits him,is that normal?

See??Confused:rolleyes:

The whole FDA thing doesn't matter because the next time we fly I will just purchase something for that,we don't fly often and probably won't for at least another yr or two.

Help!!:p

ADS

Morganthe

Haven't done the poll yet, but what are your vehicles and space constraints? Would a Regent with the mandatory recline bar provide enough space for leg room for your son?

momof2kiddos

I have one car a 2001 Dodge stratus,Ds rides on the driver side in a FF seat,DD on the passengers side in a RF Marathon.The middle seat no one rides in,Room for seat width in not an issue has we never have other passengers.I have no idea though for leg room,right now he has tons of leg room,in the EFTA,but I have never had a regent in my car,and I don't know what they look like with a recline bar install.

ETA: I am not tall at all only 5'4 and Dh is 5'8

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
The Regent was just as easy for me to install as the Nautilus (with LATCH and with seatbelt / locking clip, not at the same time though ;) ).

The Regent will probably last you longer harnessed as it has higher top slots than the Nautilus, but the Nautilus can be used as a booster when the harness is outgrown, so it would probably last longer overall.

I had a hard time deciding, too. I chose the Nautilus since I saw it at Walmart when they were still near impossible to find. But then I decided I wanted a Regent and bought one when they were on super sale ($199, no tax, free shipping). :eek: (In my defense, we need a seat for Kira for both my van and DH's truck.) I actually like the Regent better so far. But it's only been installed for 1 day and she's only ridden in it once so far.

And one more thing to remember about the Regent is that it requires a tether when the child weighs 40 lbs or more.

MySillyKids

I have both a regent, and a GN. The GN is more off the seat than the regent. (like it has more of a base, than the baseless regent.)

I love both very very much. :love:

ginny4

is this OK? i'm gotta say it...i HATE the GN!! i really do! i know many love it & thatt's great. it's just nto for everyone. at first i thought PERFECT seat BUTthen when i put my older guys who be at least able to use booster didn't fit. they are almost 9 & 8yo. my DD was squeezed in but said she was comfy (almost 4yo).

you r son is just 2.5yo & fits the GN well right now BUT what about down the road when he is 6,7,8yo? will he still fit it? to me you gotta look to in the long run. in the long run for us my DD would most likely NOT fit it like i wanted her to. she'd have to put in with a shoe horn. i guess i have wide shouldered children

also the booster. well the design is much like the turbo booster qhich is great except....you don't actually get much grow room at all in booster once the harness is outgrown. & you might find yourself needing yet ANOTHER higher HBB. like me. my oldest is outgrowing the turbo with the back & he "NEEDS" the back so here i am buying yet another booster for him when the monterey comes out.

so to me the booster mode is useless. & the sides are ridiculously too narrow for older children. i don't think graco really thogth this thru or even tried older children in it. i guess ii is meant for the REALLY SLIM framed kids

i do fidn that the GN does make a great alternative to regent but i wouldn't choose the GN over the regent if i didn't have to.

ok that was alot of blabbin & nto sure all that helpful. LOL forgive me for my rant.

basically ithink your son woudl fit great in the regent & will for the length of the entire lifespan. i foudn it easy to install & my children REALLY find it comfy! my eldest is jealous that he doesn't get one too.

here's the helpful part (i hope)
slideshows.....GN vs Regent with my 3 eldest children.http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/lundtv/?action=view&current=1a6d5f52.pbw

momof2kiddos

Okay I went against the poll :eek: I ordered DS a Regent in sahara,so it should be here by Friday hopefully:).

After all my pros and cons my biggest one that I couldn't get over was how solid,a regent feels on the sides compared to how flismy the GN feels in the wings and side,so *I feel* that the regent is a better choice for us since our car has no SIP airbags.Plus my little guy has broad shoulders,he always has,so I don't know how long a GN would last him comfortably,I need a harnessed seat to *at least* last him until age 7,so I would feel more comfortble using a booster for him.

Thanks everyone so much!!:D

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
so to me the booster mode is useless. & the sides are ridiculously too narrow for older children. i don't think graco really thogth this thru or even tried older children in it. i guess ii is meant for the REALLY SLIM framed kids

It really is a matter of preference. My average-sized 9yo fits in it just fine as a booster. I just wouldn't say it's made for slim-framed kids (the Radian gets that distinction!) It's just that some kids like to feel "hugged" and others want "roominess" - I've heard plenty of people complain about the Regent for the same reason you prefer it, yk?

abacus2

The Nautilus fits your child well, is easy to install, and is cheaper. Sounds like the best choice to me!

zactayaus

Don't forget that the Britax Frontier should be out in another month. It's top slots are supposed to be comparible to the GN and the price is comparible to the Regent. No one has one yet though to coment on how it fits kids but if you aren't in a hurry to get a new seat right now you may want to wait another month or so to see how everyone likes it.

momof2kiddos

Don't forget that the Britax Frontier should be out in another month. It's top slots are supposed to be comparible to the GN and the price is comparible to the Regent. No one has one yet though to coment on how it fits kids but if you aren't in a hurry to get a new seat right now you may want to wait another month or so to see how everyone likes it.

I actually need to get him a new seat this week so I couldn't wait.I could always get one down the road though If I really like them:whistle:LOL,Dh would have a fit,as I had to promise that this would be the last seat I would buy for our kids for awhile:rolleyes::p

momof2kiddos

My Regent cam today,I installed it long belt path LATCH,it was so EASY!!!I thought the recline bar might make it harder to use because some have not liked it,but it didn't make a difference in my install it seemed.I LOVE this seat :love:,I serisouly am so in love with my MA because how easy it is too use but OMG the regent is too :D Anyhow I got a great install outerboard behind the drivers seat and my DS is on the second to bottom slots,so lots of growing room whicgh is faboulus!!I am so excited to have it here,lol,I can't wait to go meet Dh at base to show him the new seat,lol.I will take a pic and post it in my siggy later today :)

ETA: Ds calls this his "big boy seat" :DHe really likes it a lot too!!

melniemi

Glad you like it! We love our regents too and my 7 yo doesn't mind it either. I just had to move him to the top slots but I am hoping he stays there for awhile!

Defrost

My Regent cam today,I installed it long belt path LATCH,it was so EASY!!!

That's awesome that it was so easy and your DS likes it so much. :thumbsup:

Is that it in your siggy? I think the belt has to be routed under the cover for long-belt-path LATCH now. Could you check your manual to see for sure?

ginny4

YAY! so glad you love it so much & it was easy to instal. mine was easy too. i was so surprised! hope you continue to enjoy it like we do. when Dh first saw it said that's nto a carseat that's a "La Z Girl Chair"! LOL

i think the instructions are differnet based on the DOM of whetehr under the cover or over the cover. it can be confusing.

Mama2J

I'm glad you like your Regent! I have both the Regent and GN and love them both! Like Debbie said, don't forget to check your manual to see if the LBP LATCH needs to be under the cover. Enjoy your new seat!

momof2kiddos

That's awesome that it was so easy and your DS likes it so much. :thumbsup:

Is that it in your siggy? I think the belt has to be routed under the cover for long-belt-path LATCH now. Could you check your manual to see for sure?

My DOM is dec/07 my maunuel says to install it that way :) Is there a new install for the 08 regents or something?Why did they change it?

Defrost

My DOM is dec/07 my maunuel says to install it that way :) Is there a new install for the 08 regents or something?Why did they change it?

The latest version of the manual they have on their website says it; it's the only manual I have access to since we have a Husky. I don't know why they changed it. They didn't issue a recall and send out new manuals, though. :shrug-shoulders:

skaterbabs

FWIW, on the whole side-impact protection thing, any 5 point harness will provide that. And any seat company can claim to provide it - it's not regulated (yet) by gov't standards. (That will change eventually, but at the moment this is who it is.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC