Marathon harness replacement in Canada?

Neatfreak

First, please re-direct me if I've missed a previous topic on this!

So, I decided this past weekend that the harness on my kiddo's MA (Cdn version) has reached my personal threshold for dirtiness and it was time to order a replacement. The replacement part section of the Britax website doesn't list any harnesses on their Canadian Marathon section (it does for the American model, however).

Does this mean that Britax won't let me purchase a replacement harness? I've never ordered any replacement parts before, and am a little worried about the company being strict about the Canadian vs. American product thing ...

Thanks for any advice!

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It should be the same harness, but you should call Britax CS just to be sure that there isn't an English/French issue with the little white tags on the harnesses. Also--Britax USA will only ship to the US and Canada, so you'll have to have someone forward for you. Furthermore--you can soak your harness in a cup of lukewarm water. Don't add anything other than the water and a neutral pH dishsoap (eg. nothing with tea tree oil, any acids, etc, as those could potentially damage the harness webbing.) Some of the stains might come out. Britax also recommends using this soak for buckles once they become soiled and difficult to buckle.

-Nicole.

Neatfreak

That's a relief! It does sound like speaking to a CS rep is the way to go, as well. I'll be on home-leave in July, so I can pick up the new harness then. I'm not in a rush, but the seat is good for another 2.5 years (and I think my kiddo will fit for another 2.5 years, too), so it would be a fine investment.

I have no idea what's in the Thai dish detergent, so maybe not the most prudent idea to experience with car seat parts!

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I talked to Britax when trying to order for the last Britax part co-op and they advised to just order off the US Marathon page.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC