EFTA vs MA, pics

wildeyes

heres dd1 in an efta and a marathon. just cause there seems to be alot of questions lately between the two.
S7300231.jpg

micinmarathon.jpg

she looks kinda squashed in the MA, and has more growing room in the EFTA.

ADS

idrlindy

Yes, thank you for posting the pics. If you don't mind me asking -- have you asked your daughter which seat she prefers to sit in? I'm curious to hear what she thinks/feels about each seat. :)

keri1292

Yes, the EFTA does seem roomier in the shoulders for older kids. Which may be a deal breaker for those that don't have little siblings to pass the MA onto and move up to the Regent which is what we do. However, dd has never said she was uncomfortable, just looks it to me. ;) Here is my dd in the MA in September...

MAvsRegentHusky053.jpg

MAvsRegentHusky055.jpg

Vs. the EFTAdvance in Jan. (4 months later)...

comparison016.jpg

comparison018.jpg

natysr

I know this is weird. Keri, you have small kids, maybe you understand. I don't like seeing the childs head come out of the seat shell. Like in the pic of your DD in the cowmoo. I know technically it is okay, but I just don't *feel* good about it. It makes me more comfortable to see the pic of her in the regent. :eek:

I'm dreading the day the top of Jordan's head reaches the top of the seat shell. I just may have to have an excuse to get a new seat at that time.

keri1292

I TOTALLY understand what you're saying. Especially, since she's in the 3rd row. The Regent makes me feel safer. Our little peanuts don't make it over the shell for the longest time. I'll be moving my middle peanut to a Regent when his head reaches the top of the shell. Mostly because I feel that his shoulders will be smooshed around then. But, an added bonus will be that his head is below the shell again. ;)

idrlindy

Amanda -- thanks for posting the great pics! If you don't mind -- I wonder which seat your daughter is more comfortable in. Have you asked her? Thanks again!

mburks26

Now Im really undecided on the two. I would go with the ETA just cause its cheeper. I would go with the MA cause of the 65 lb limit and dd now will be 3 in June and has hit a big time weight gain since June 2007 she was 29 or 29.5 dont remember and at the end of Jan. she was 35lbs. Im not sure 50lb would work til she ready for a booster. Then theres the lock off issue I have a 95 car so ELR seats and locking clips are a pita. But the ETA seems it would give more harness room.
Can someone do me a big favor and measure the base of the seat front of the base and the back of the base. I need to know how wide it is. I used to have a Evenflo Victory and the front was wider then the back of the base. I know the seat over all is pretty wide thats no big deal. I just have a small space to work with as far as base wise. I would go to walmart and it but ours dont carry it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC