Quinny Zapp (2008)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
41ouSn0--YL._SS500_.jpg

What do you think? The 2008 model now comes with four wheels and a basket.

I'm thinking of selling the P3 and getting this. Mikkel hops in/out of the stroller all the time, so the napper bar tends to get in the way. He also never sleeps in the stroller anymore and the Zapp would be super nice for the airplane. Basically, I never use the features of my P3, so thought I would downsize... opinions?

P.S. I need them now! I'm heading to the mall later this morning. :D

ADS

lauralou

It would definetly be easier with a active 2year old.and a lot smaller fold.We have the 2007 model and it is tiny fold.goes right behind my seat .Well worth it.We have the capri.let me know what you do with your p3.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Lovinwaves has that one... did she post a review? I found my 3 wheel EU version to be desparately tippy and too hard to fold, I'll be honest...I wanted to love it, but after the easy folding of the Volo for so long, I'm just not talented enough for the Zapp. Sure looks purty, though!

csma

I :love: my Zapp! Just be sure to practice folding it a few times before you're standing in line to board the plane. :whistle: I have a small trunk and love being able to leave a stroller in it withouth taking up half of the space.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'm trying to find it in person in Calgary and can't find someone who's actually carrying it... grrr. They all have the 3 wheeled version.

SillyLily

I have the 4 wheeled version with a basket underneath - I think it was manufactured in 10/07. I love, love, love it. It is tiny when folded, but full size when open. The basket, although small, is enough to fit my purse and a few toys or a small shopping bag. I can also hang my smallish purse on the back and it doesn't make it tippy, although if you hang anything heavier, it would be too tippy. It is SO maneuverable. With one hand, I can push it, make it swivel, manuever it through clothes racks, etc... My husband also loves it, which is rare because he dislikes most baby equipment. :rolleyes:

And it also comes with the travel bag, rain cover, and it has a nice big canopy on it. I have the same color that is in the picture and it is nice. It has lots of reflective strips on it too.

skipspin

I might be getting one, and that color is LOVELY IRL. Much better than on-line IMO.

I really like the BJCM, too, though and it has more features and a much easier fold. It's just not quite as cool. I figure I have my e-3 when I need something with a recline and more storage, right?

The fold is confusing, but I *think* that it would be easy after you're used to it. Lovin, is it easy for you yet?

mominabigtruck

Is it just me or does the back look super tall? Its so hard to find stollers for multiple kids especially since Peyton is long torsoed and Dallas is long legged.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I have a Maclaren TT for when we go to Disney... long days means both boys are riding.

Otherwise I just do quick trips to the mall where I still use a stroller. Mikkel *rarely*, if ever, sleeps in the stroller anymore and will be 3 in May. He loves to walk, but I still need something to keep him contained once in awhile.

I also have an E3, but I never use that anymore and it's going up for sale. BUT, summer is coming and we like going to the zoo, parks, hiking... maybe I should be keeping this for one more year. :eek:

The P3 (Pramette version) is my current errand stroller, but I think it might be a bit much for my needs... which is why I was thinking of selling it. I got it less than two years ago and got an awesome deal, so I could probably sell it for what I paid (they're going for $450 on CL here).

I also have a $115 GC for Sears that I'm dying to spend and what better way then a stroller? :D BUT, I *must* sell the P3 if I purchase the Zapp or I will no longer have a husband. ;)

ARRRRGH.... why can't I make a decision... dh says I have a problem... :D

What would you do?? ETA: The fold is a non-issue... I've played with the 3 wheeled version before and had the fold down pat in 5 minutes. :)

SillyLily

I agree, the back is quite tall. My almost 4 year old can sit in it comfortably with plenty of room to grow. And the foot rest is nice, both of my girls can comfortably use it. And the handlebars are really nice. I am 5' tall and my husband is 6'2" and we can both comfortably push it, and he doesn't kick the back of the stroller like with the cheap umbrellas.

My 17 month old fell asleep in it the other day, and her head just tipped over to the side and leaned against the side of the stroller seat. It didn't flop forward or anything. It actually looks about like when a forward facing kid in a car seat falls asleep, their head just rests against the side of the seat.

I really wanted an orange or the lime green color Zapp, but I was able to find a used one for $150 locally so I jumped on it. These things keep their "resell value"!

It handles just as well with my 31 pound daughter as it does with my 19 pound daughter. And the wheels pop off of it to make it even smaller when folded. Like, you push a button and the wheel pops off and the when you want to put it back on, it just pushes on. Simple. The fold/unfold, once you get used to it, is a cinch. It's just 1, 2, 3 steps and you're done.

Have I mentioned that I love the Zapp? :love:

Here are some quick pics I just took, if anyone's interested. Also, please note, in the pic with my older daughter the top looks "squished". Well, it is. I forgot to snap the top bar all the way out. Oops.

P1010001-1.jpg
P1010002-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg
P1010010.jpg
P1010011.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Jen does it only have a 40lb weight limit? Does it recline at all? Doesn't Mikkel still fall asleep in the stroller?

Doesn't selling your BJ require a new stroller replacement :confused: :;)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Stroller specs from strollers.com. They have free shipping

Quinny ZAP-ORNG - Zapp Umbrella Stroller
Part of the Zapp collection (View full Zapp collection)
Combining style and substance, the Zapp Umbrella Stroller features the most compact fold of any lightweight stroller in its class. Versatile and sporty, the Zapp is available with the optional Mico Infant Car Seat from Maxi-Cosi for a complete travel system. Unparalleled function teamed with a sleek ergonomic design and five fun color options makes the Zapp Stroller an eye-catching stroller perfect for on-the-go parents!
Features:

Includes canopy, rain shield, travel bag and adapters for use with Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat
Available with optional Mico Infant Car Seat and Additional Mico Infant Car Seat Base in Black
Zapp available in Black, Bright Pink, Capri Blue, Mandarin Orange or Lime Yellow
Recommended for ages 6 months to 4 years or up to 40 lbs
Compatible with Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat
Full size stroller with an ultra compact 3-D fold
Lightweight aluminum frame perfect for traveling
Ideal travel system in combination with Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat
Highly maneuverable, lockable front wheels rotate 360 degrees
Durable, stain-resistant nylon fabric seat
Five-point padded harness for comfort and security
Rear-wheel brakes with simple on / off device
Overall folded dimensions of 10"H x 11"W x 27”L
Optional Mico Infant Car Seat includes stay-in-car adjustable base, rain cover and sun canopy
All included and optional accessories in colors complementing your Zapp stroller
One year limited warranty for all products

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Jen does it only have a 40lb weight limit? Does it recline at all? Doesn't Mikkel still fall asleep in the stroller?

Doesn't selling your BJ require a new stroller replacement :confused: :;)

It does only have a 40lb weight limit... not a concern over here. :D Aiden is 36lbs and Mikkel is 28lbs.

Mikkel almost *never* falls asleep in the stroller... so that's not really a concern. It's really sad, but I'm just not in that baby stroller stage anymore... how did this happen?

I was supposed to sell my E3 to get the BJ... but that never happened. :whistle:

I've tried convincing myself that I still need the P3, but it's not working. I hardly ever use even that stroller now, I really do just need a simple umbrella stroller. :crying:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
What about the Volo Jen?

Oh and we never decided, did you want me to order that wheel part?

Not particularly fond of the look and the super small wheels scare me a lot... how's that for dumb reasons? :D

I went to Kacz Kidz yesterday and they are ordering me the part... I may not even have to pay for it at all. :)

lovinwaves

Ok, I gotta make this quick! Jen, feel free to call me if you want.

4-wheel version:

Pros:

LARGE wide and tall seat

Fingertip pushing and steering

Fold is now a 2 step instead of 3 step

folds very small (great for airline travel)

impossible to kick

Unique looking, and fabrics are beautiful in person

Comes with travel bag

locking front wheels

comes with rain cover

accepts a maxi cosi infant seat

Cons:

Still a "tippy" stroller, but not as bad as the 3-wheel version

Even though it has a 40lb weight limit I would still put an over 40lb kid in it LOL!

Sucky customer service (Dorel)

It has this chattering noise in the front two wheels.

Short handled (although the nice spread out back wheels means you can probably never kick it)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC