Is the Scenera or Radian more daddy-friendly?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DH is taking DD1 out of town for the weekend. I was going to have him take the Scenera but he wants to take the Radian. He will need to install it on the plane, and then in a 2008 (I think? It looks like a toaster) Town & Country w/ captains chairs. I will give him a quick run-down of installing on the plane & installing with LATCH, but I want to make sure he can install it correctly. I was thinking the Scenera would be better to take since it's lighter, and she can RF in that on the plane and in IL's car, but if he takes the Radian she would be FF in both in the plane & car.

ADS

amy919

I'd let him take whichever one he's personally more comfortable with. My DH had a Scenera is in his car and hated it. It was a PIA to install. If you know the Radian will install well in the T&C, and you're OK with your DD FF for the trip, I'd probably go with the Radian.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Radian... super easy to install with LATCH in that vehicle (both RFing and FFing) and super easy to install on the plane (FFing). :)

SillyLily

My husband prefers the Radian (both installing it and buckling kiddos into it) any day over the Scenera. He likes the scenera just fine for a spare seat, but loves the Radian. He is actually looking forward to our next plane ride so he can try out the new radians in the plane!!!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Cause DH doesn't want to haul the RF boot. ;) They are taking one small carry-on for both of them and that dang thing takes up way too much room. Plus I don't think I trust DH to be able to unfold the Radian, attach the boot and install.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Cause DH doesn't want to haul the RF boot. ;) They are taking one small carry-on for both of them and that dang thing takes up way too much room. Plus I don't think I trust DH to be able to unfold the Radian, attach the boot and install.

I am assuming this is for DD 1. SHe is 2.5 yrs. If he was going to FF her because he does not take the boot then I would be ok with that since it is only a couple days. He will probably be able to install it FF with LATCH with no problems. You could make him practice and you watch. :whistle: I think it is easier to install than the Scenera.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I am assuming this is for DD 1. SHe is 2.5 yrs. If he was going to FF her because he does not take the boot then I would be ok with that since it is only a couple days. He will probably be able to install it FF with LATCH with no problems. You could make him practice and you watch. :whistle: I think it is easier to install than the Scenera.

Yes I should have clarified. I think I mentioned DD1 in my OP. My DD2 is staying at home with me--she's a boob queen ;) DD1 actually goes back and forth between RF and FF (right now she's RF in our EFTA--she just had to try it out since it was new :rolleyes:) , so I'm ok with her being FF.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Yes I should have clarified. I think I mentioned DD1 in my OP. My DD2 is staying at home with me--she's a boob queen ;) DD1 actually goes back and forth between RF and FF (right now she's RF in our EFTA--she just had to try it out since it was new :rolleyes:) , so I'm ok with her being FF.

When is the trip? You could take him to the dealership and let him try to install the RN in a T&C. They do not have to know you are not buying it. Pretend like you are. I know people who have done this.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
When is the trip? You could take him to the dealership and let him try to install the RN in a T&C. They do not have to know you are not buying it. Pretend like you are. I know people who have done this.

We're leaving for the airport in an hour :whistle: DH has this habit of making plans and then telling me at the last. second. possible. As in, last night we go out for dinner and he says "oh BTW I want to take M with me this weekend." Oh, okay then.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
We're leaving for the airport in an hour :whistle: DH has this habit of making plans and then telling me at the last. second. possible. As in, last night we go out for dinner and he says "oh BTW I want to take M with me this weekend." Oh, okay then.

Wow, that is last minute!! Well I think the RN would be easier to install with LATCH than the Scenra. Of course it is up to you. Good luck!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
It really is super easy... we have the '08 and it's super easy...

In the third row...
2103567725_5c3b8675a3.jpg

In the captain's chair (the chair is swivelled in this position... we do NOT drive like this)...
2103567715_1ae1694c7e.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC