Britax Straps

tl01

We've started using our Blvd again and since then I've come to realize how much I LOVE Britax's harness straps. I love the way they fit over DS and how flat they lie. No matter how hard I work at the straps on our Radian I can't get them just right. Does anyone have a problem where it seems as though one side of the Radian harness is always just a little more loose than the other side? Also, after our Como's twisty straps I'm especially appreciative of great straps.

Does anyone know what type of strap will be on the True Fit? I would be great if they used a nice have strap like Brtiax does.

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I don't know what straps it will have but I agree...every carseat should have Britax-like straps!

miraclebabies

I love the straps on all Britax carseats, they don't get twisted and bunched up. I wish all carseats had the same straps.

Britax use a polyester type webbing and most other car seats use seat belt webbing.

I guess that the True-fit has seat belt webbing. It would depend on the buckle tongs, and generally how the buckle sits and threads though the slots that would affect how it sits over the child.

tl01

I have the same problem with my Radian - one strap always feels tighter - drives me nuts!

Have you found a way to fix this? I thought it was just me. I was told to pull the straps all the way out and then to tighten them again but it doesn't seem to help on this seat.

desiree_leigh

Have you found a way to fix this?

Nope, nothing works. I had a Graco ComfortSport many moons ago and had the same problem and just got used to it eventually, and I'm finding myself getting the same way this time too. It's not a HUGE difference, but enough that I notice... I also find the straps impossible to tighten unless they're completely unbuckled, which drives me nuts. I've tried only buckling one strap and then tightening, but I can't. Ugh :(

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I know how to fix them - I tell DD to lean away from the side that's looser. ;)

J/K - I've noticed it on our Radian, too, but it's not a dramatic enough difference that it bothers me. Both sides pass the pinch-test on her seat.

I agree, though - Britax straps are my favorite.

Morganthe

I have the regular Sunshine Kids Radian clip. I know I can use the Britax one too and that would likely help but I just haven't taken the time to order one.

Yep, if you change the chest clip to the Britax, it will lie much more smoother and more correct, imo. I found that to be true with our Radian. :)

Radian clip is great for babies, but not for the toddlers & older kids, as far as I'm concerned.

minismom

My SS1 has uneven straps too! I'm so happy with the britax harness! For the first time I can put dd in and out without having to loosen then re-adjust the harness. For some reason it was very hard to do that with the SS1!
It feels different on the chest clip though, like it's so flat if you look at dd's chest from the side you see it sticking out and it gives the impression of being loose. On the SS1 the chest clip was more snug I think, like it's shape had an angle so it was always touching her body. KWIM?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC