Update: Kiddo in a Keyfit

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
A spinoff from the thread I had earlier about the Keyfit. Im definately feeling the love now lol.

Ok, so Im now officially getting the keyfit for this little one that is on the way. I loved the install, especially the lockoff. I always hurt my fingers with the SS1 lockoff, and this one was just SO much easier. Ok, now ready for pics? hehe I couldn't resist...

The Keyfit: Aleah did have less room in this seat, but I dont plan on using it for 19 months with this next baby either. It was easier to adjust the harness height, and also the pull adjust in the front. I really dont have any complaints with this seat at all. Her stats are 19 months, 22 lbs and aprrox. 30 inches.

Front view in the Keyfit.
300976017.jpg

Side view in the Keyfit.
300976023.jpg

Headroom left. She was moving quite a bit, so it looks like theres a little less than in reality.
300976013.jpg

Installed in my 2000 Dodge Caravan next to Aleahs MA. They fit beautifully in the second row bench seat. Its obviously a seatbelt install. (You'll have to excuse my messy car ;) )
300976025.jpg

I also took the same pictures of Aleah in the SS1, if youre interested you can see them here:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=18906901&uid=7893060

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
adorable!

see! you just needed to try the keyfit to understand ;) lol!

oh and how i understand! lol it really is much easier than the ss1. i was worried about the lockoff at first glance, but theres no broken fingers involved. yay!

also i much prefer the infant insert. aleahs head always flopped around with the crappy ss1 head support (i know that some of them have the full body ones now)

i think ill go write a review comparing them lol becuase there wasnt much i could find in a search.

keri1292

When/if we have a 4th, we'll definitely go with the Keyfit. I think the SS1 would be good for bigger babes, but my peanuts would get plenty of use out of the Keyfit.

And, Aleah is a doll. as always! :love:

steph

It so funny because people say the SS1 is so easy and they have a hard time believing something can be easier!!! Glad you like it.

By the way I added this to the other post but the Keyfit fits in the Peg Perego Pliko P3 and a few others, so there is hope for it fitting in non- Chicco strollers:D:D.

cso1997

Thanks for sharing the pics. It gives someone a really good comparison between the two seats. Aleah is such a cutie!!

Kat_Momof3

great comparison shots.

For those of us who have giant kids and who have had a 30lb 1yr old who was always sick and then developed asthma all before that time, the SS1 still seems like the seat to have.

I swear, if I ever have another baby, I'm going to have it.

I love the SS1, I love the Nautilus... I just haven't decided what I would do for the in between period... so far, I'm thinking that I would pray the Nautilus isn't discontinued... lol... or try to score one of the usual big lots cheap AOs just for ERF/initial FF... when they're down at 70 bucks, it's not bad!

Yes, I have baby fever :whistle:

I really drool for the chicco keyfit, but that lack of height after having Ruthie who is all torso just has me preferring the SS1, but if I could predict a small baby or at least one without a long torso, then I'd get the keyfit.

melniemi

Handle can be up in the car. I loved my keyfit too and am sad that it is gone. If I get pg again, I will definitely buy another. There is no second contender for me!

Pics are great, your dd is adorable:love:

cso1997

Not Julie but yes it was the 22. I remember when she got it. Also, I know that the 30 doesn't come in Notting Hill.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC