What's the average torso growth weight?

ADS

HEVY

She is 4 1/2, 42 inches, my scale is hard to read but it's either 41 or 42 lbs. In sept she was about 38lbs, 41 inches, 15 torso. Soory I had to add this, I was looking back on old posts and I can't believe at 7 months she weighed 23lbs. She was 4 1/2 months here.

Last edited:

LuvBug

sounds average to me for a 42" 4.5yo.
DS is also 4.5 as of 1/9, 44". I haven't measured his torso in a while but he is even with the 2nd from top slots of the regent. Id guess 16.5-17"? He's on the longer torso side.

mamabear

my 4yr 11 mo old is 44lbs 45" and has an almost 16" torso.
She is one of the taller ones in her preschool

Last edited:

Mattkarn

The little guy I watch is 4.5 years and he has about a 17" torso. He is on the top slots of the Natalius when it is installed in my car.

HEVY

Ya know I must have been real tired when I started this thread, lol. And I thank you for all your replies and it has told me my dd is basically average. But what I really meant was how fast do they grow in torso. I seen a lot of posts where it seems to take a long time to grow in torso, so I was wondering if the 15 to 15 1/2 in such a short time with only an overall of height growth one inch was normal. Wow I am sorry, this is soooo different than what I originally posted.

wildeyes

you could prolly make your own growth chart with the info you already have from your mis-worded post. then you would have an age-based curve to help guide you.

LuvBug

lol! I realized way after I posted that that is what you meant originally.
DS went from being about half an inch from the slot he is in to being even with that slot since october, so that is about the same rate as your DD.

HEVY

I guess I measured wrong. In Sept. the doc measured her and her torso was 15, when I measured her the other day she was 15 1/2 but today doc measured her again and she is actually just over 16.

remken

Here is a pic. of Remy when I tried him in the marathon just for fun when he was 3yrs. 2 mon.

RinMarathon-1.jpg

and one when he was 4yrs. 9mon.
Shoulderheightincowmoo.jpg

He just turned 5 and still fits the seat the same as in the cow pic.

So in almost 2 yrs. his torso hasn't grown much even though he has gotten taller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC