Britax RA or MA in Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited???

U

Unregistered

I have looked at the compatiblity charts on this site. No one has mentioned installing a Britax MA in a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Mine is a 1997. The RA is mentioned as fitting; but, I would prefer to go ahead and buy the MA for the increased weight it can fit (hopefully use longer). Since my baby is only 5 months old (approx 15-16 lbs and about 25-26 in. in height) I have no way of knowing what she will probably need in the future. I read somewhere on another site a lady had trouble getting the MA to fit in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Anyboby have any information??? I know I can go to the store and try to fit it; but, this would save me this effort with my baby being out since it is now 97 degrees where I live! Still deciding on seats....

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but it is the newer bodystyle 99+...I am not sure if it is bigger inside or not. But our MA does fit great both ff and rf in both outboard positions. I have tried installing it in the middle position rf but was not able to get a tight install, then again I only tried for a minute on my way out the door....I am sure I could get it installed tight when I have the time. Good luck!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
(Broken Link Removed. Website No Longer Exists) does show good installs of RF & FF Britax seats in early-ish model Grand Cherokees....

U

Unregistered

MA in Jeep Grand Cherokee 1997

thanks, I didn't see any MA's listed....I did see several RA when I researched before...I have found other sites where parents are stating something about a problem with the headrests fitting the MA and when rf it is a problem apparently also from what others are saying...I like this site better and trusted opinions more here....

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I can say that I installed our Britax Wizard RF in the center of my co-worker's earlyish Grand Cherokee. I didn't get it checked by a tech, but I was confident with the install ... the driver had just enough room to sit comfortably, but the front passenger seat was not able to move back as far as possible or recline - which wasn't really necessary anyway since the manual advizes against reclining while the vehicle is in motion & it doesn't have an airbag. You can try seats out in your vehicle at Babies-R-Us.... Make sure you have the time necessary to read the manual(s) & remember that sales people are not trained techs :rolleyes: It took over 15 minutes for me to get the Wizard installed in the Cherokee & if it would've been the permanent location for her seat to be used on a daily basis, I'd have visited a CPS tech to have it checked over ;)

U

Unregistered

Jeep grand cherokee..MA fit??

Thanks again....I went to BRU and looked again at the seats....I liked the padding in the decathon that would work great for my baby now...also, it has the harness adjustment like the RA...do you all know much about the decathon??...I saw someone else is also asking the same question....thanks for the input on the MA...it appears the decathon is around the same size maybe just a tad taller..I didn't try either in my vehicle since I had my baby along and it was so hot outside.....I feel comfortable it would probably fit after finding input out from you all....

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I think it's exactly the same as the MA, but with comfier padding & newer fabric designs? Plus, the harness release is different - some kids can loosen their straps with the MA style, but are unable to push on the button of the Decathalon....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC