Nautilus- do I need head rests behind the Nautilus?

magoose

For an older van with lap only belts and no head rests, is the Graco Nautilus the seat I have been hoping for? Will this work and keep my child harnessed longer? Do I need to tether? Thank you, Anna

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
No, it does not require headrests. The tether is not required either (unless you're in Canada), but it's always helpful/preferred if you can have one added. :)

Sounds like a great option for you.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You do not have to have to have a headrest behind the Nautilus if you are using it as a harnessed seat or a high-backed booster. When you use it was a low-back booster, you will need support behind the child's head and neck.

If you don't have tethers, I would strongly advise you to get some retrofitted. I don't think the Nautilus REQUIRES it, but is is always a good thing. :)

magoose

Thank you all for your replies. Retro fitting tethers is not an option in many of the positions in the van. For where we were able to retro fit I use 86Y harness and a high back booster combo. Pricey! We have a larger family so need all seats most of the time. Sounds like these seats will fit the bill and keep 3 of my little ones snug and safe for much longer.

Anna

You do not have to have to have a headrest behind the Nautilus if you are using it as a harnessed seat or a high-backed booster. When you use it was a low-back booster, you will need support behind the child's head and neck.

If you don't have tethers, I would strongly advise you to get some retrofitted. I don't think the Nautilus REQUIRES it, but is is always a good thing. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC