Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    CPS Fanatic

Re: New Graco Nautilus

I'm still wondering why they didn't put the lockoffs in this seat. That would make it perfect.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    To buy . . . of course!
    yea thx LOL, I'm still in the parking lot, trying to justify it LOL!

Argghh! Don't torture us! If your WM has one, you're sort of obligated to buy it, out of solidarity for the rest of us whose WMs are Nautilus-less!!
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

Quote Originally Posted by MySillyBoys View Post
    yea thx LOL, I'm still in the parking lot, trying to justify it LOL!
    Just buy it to play with and justify later! You can always return it

Plus don't you need something to do while you wait for this baby to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrBlue View Post
    Argghh! Don't torture us! If your WM has one, you're sort of obligated to buy it, out of solidarity for the rest of us whose WMs are Nautilus-less!!
    Single mom to:

12 yr. old in a Sunshine Kids Monterey, 6 yr. old in a Graco Nautilus and occasionally in a Sunshine Kids Monterey, and a surprise IUD baby coming June of 2013

Senior Community Member Mumoflittleguys's Avatar

Perfect! If it can fit as one of the 3 across in the back of the Vibe, it's the perfect solution to the less than expensive car seat/hb booster dilemma.
    Lindsay

Mum to three little guys and a girl coming this summer!
    (Small and Medium in Regents, and Large in a TurboBooster)

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

hey, if you can post from your phone, you can probably take decent pictures, too. Just crack one open and go to town.

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrBlue View Post
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Looks great! I am so tempted to go buy this! DS does need a new seat since he has just a smidgen left before he outgrows his Scenera (second seat) but I really shouldnt be spending the money... hmm...
    Jessica
    three across in a honda fit
    11y-literider/6.5y -affixHBB/8y-affixHBB

This looks a great seat - I have added it to the foundation's website as a recommendation. I am also going to place a call with Graco and see about this as an option for donation for the foundation. Yipee! I am excited!!!
    CPST - Kyle David Miller Foundation - http://www.kyledavidmiller.org

Carseat Crazy

I like it, but I am wondering a few things:

1. Doesn't it look like it is awfully high? Can you see out your back window if you don't own a mini van (I have a Camry)?
    2. My DS is 22 months old, 26 lbs., and 14 inch torso. Will this seat be too big for him to use right now as a back up seat in our second car? I was thinking of buying the True Fit, but this one looks like it will be more versatile for us in the long haul.

Anyone's thoughts?

CPS Technician

I don't think it's going to block your view any more than any other high back booster on the market.

For your son...since he's less than 2 and 30 pounds, I'd like to see him remain RF. I'm sure most others here would say the same. If you were to get it now...it would expire long before it's outgrown...so you'd need to buy something else.

Susan
    Mommy to my angel, Ethan Daniel (8/5/07-8/6/07)
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.
    Child Passenger Safety Tech

I was just saying in another forum that I still think this seat will be great only for those that buy a short shell convertible like the Cosco Scenera or for those that don't want to erf no matter what you tell them.
    Single mom to:

12 yr. old in a Sunshine Kids Monterey, 6 yr. old in a Graco Nautilus and occasionally in a Sunshine Kids Monterey, and a surprise IUD baby coming June of 2013

Does this have EPS foam?
    CPST - Kyle David Miller Foundation - http://www.kyledavidmiller.org

Quote Originally Posted by bombedier View Post
    Does this have EPS foam?
    Ohh, I forgot about that. I hope it does.
    Single mom to:

I bet it will. The Turbo Booster and the CarGo do; I can't imagine that they would make a more advanced seat that doesn't have EPS foam.
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mom2boys View Post

1. Doesn't it look like it is awfully high? Can you see out your back window if you don't own a mini van (I have a Camry)?
    2. My DS is 22 months old, 26 lbs., and 14 inch torso. Will this seat be too big for him to use right now as a back up seat in our second car? I was thinking of buying the True Fit, but this one looks like it will be more versatile for us in the long haul.

Anyone's thoughts?
    This seat really isn't appropriate for your little guy. I'd recommend going for a convertible

Quote Originally Posted by mom2boys View Post

Anyone's thoughts?
    I'm going to have to disagree with others here and say that as a BACK UP seat I think it would be fine. But I'd definately leave him RF in the main car. With a 14" torso there can't be too many seats that will keep him RF too much longer, anyway.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Carseat Crazy

mom of 2 boys-

i let my 22mo, feb 06 baby, ride ff in dh car... but prefer him rf in our primary vehicle... at least most of the time. Its a coupe, so sometimes (like when Grandna goes w/ us) we turn him ff for the extra 2 inches of space up front.

I was thinking of getting him one of these seats... but decided that it would be better to get 1 now for my 3yo to use in DH car... and in a year or two get one, or similar, for my Feb baby so it wont expire way before he outgrows it.
    Way I figure it he'll be 8yo when the seat expires... unless the lifespan is longer & we dont know it. I want him to be in a booster as long as he needs one. (Probably till age 10ish based on his growth)
    I dont know, I still plan to buy a few more boosters later... I'm torn too... it does look awesome.

In your title you call yourself a CPS Advocate, u know your situation best. If you think it will fit him good & dont want to rf anymore- why not get it... then get a good booster later too. Still a good deal on a HWH seat w/ tall top slots!

OK... I need verification on the expiration date!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKaykes View Post
    With a 14" torso there can't be too many seats that will keep him RF too much longer, anyway.
    I disagree with this.

14" torso may be tall for a 22month old, my 3yr old has a 14" torso and he could still fit rf in a EFTA, MA or a Radian (so there are seats out there) if he wasn't over the weight limit. Once the seat is in the vehicle and reclined there could definately be more room to rf in.

RF is the safest way to ride and it is recommended to rf to the max rf limits of the seat.