New Graco Nautilus

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS

crunchierthanthou

Is this a retail model? You said wasn't in stores, so I'm guessing you didn't walk into Wal-Mart and buy it and I didn't see it online. I'm wondering how you got your hands on one. Which is my long way of asking, are the weight limits going to be on all models like that? :)

DiaSmall

Crunchierthanthou--she said she bought it at walmart last week. It was on the floor, but not actually placed on the shelf yet...
It should be comming to Walmarts everywhere soon... it a few people have seen them in store.

Dont know how come its not listed online yet... normally they are released on the web first!

(ETA: I got posts crossed... Brycen's Mommy is the one that saw it at Walmart already)

Brycen'sMommy

Crunchie-- she said she bought it at walmart last week. It was on the floor, but not actually placed on the shelf yet...
It should be comming to Walmarts everywhere soon... it seems several people have seen them in store.

Dont know how come its not listed online yet... normally they are released on the web first!

I think you must be getting us confused because we have similar screen names. I saw it in Walmart yesterday but I did not buy one. The OP said she didn't think it was in stores yet so I'm not sure how she got one.

DiaSmall

Youre right Brycen's Mommy... I did cross the two together in my head.
I just knew SOMEONE saw it at walmart already!

Call me anxious.... I've read this set of posts about 50x!

mamaofthree

Should I buy this if I find it today? I was waiting for the TrueFit, but this would last longer since it becomes a booster. How's the padding on it? I'm all about the comfort. The dd I'd be buying it for is used to her big, plush Triumph. My older dd is in a Graco TB with no padding, and doesn't complain but I hate that seat. Thanks.

Kimberly

mamaofthree

I wonder if I should wait to see if any stores will get diff patterns. Doubt it will be anything exciting, considering the lineup of Airbooster choices. Graco did well with all their TB patterns, too many actually, but the AB is so boring. I don't need cutesy, just something not so plain, or at least with a little pink somewhere.

Kimberly

Stretchy Glue

That would be a dream, but I don't think most people make it to 30 lbs in the SS1, because they outgrow it by height. My avg size ds outgrow it at 13 or 14 months.

Kimberly

Well I find myself pulling teeth to keep kids rf long enough. Very rarely will I find a parent who is receptive to it. I'm just not seeing a way to get them away from an AO which does fit kids after the bucket better, and they're convinced that it'll last forever! Then, they get grumpy because it won't. This might be a way to at least keep them harnessed a bit longer.

Now, if it were me, I'd keep a kid rf until the last minute, and if I ruled the world, everyone would have to, but in reality, keeping a kid harnessed to 4 is a major accomplishment.

BabyKaykes

ok, coming out of lurkdom to ask a question (I was also going for the TrueFit, but this looks like a promising replacement for the outgrown RF Scenera)....Hi Dia!!! Hi Joni!!!

anyway....to the seat owner/OP....

I'm curious about it's stability, since no one has asked yet. The TB falls apart if you don't hold it just right. If this is FAA approved (obviously in harness mode only), how easy is it going to be to get through the airport? Is the back going to be falling off, only to be held on by the harness?

How much does it weigh?

I LOVE MY GIRLS

Now Im just confused and more undecisive!! I pre-ordered the Tru-Fit but now that I seen the pics of this Graco.. what do I do?

I havent heard of this car seat till now and the Compass is also a new model so Im not sure if I should just hold off on the Compass and wait till both of these models are available.

Any word on when the Graco will be available? I have been counting down the days until the 17th which is when I would have recieved my Tru-fit.

decisions decisions...

Eve

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ooooo! Neat! I just now saw this thread. I had been holding out for a True Fit, but this one would actually be better, since I don't need it RF, and the booster aspect is nice (especially if it LATCHes as a booster).

I just called my WalMart, and I have no idea whether they have them or not. I talked to the person in charge of car seats, but I had no idea what she was saying, and I think she had no idea what I was saying.

By the end of our conversation, she said she had three in stock...three of WHAT, I don't know, but I'm going to go find out! ;)

mamaofthree

Well I find myself pulling teeth to keep kids rf long enough. Very rarely will I find a parent who is receptive to it. I'm just not seeing a way to get them away from an AO which does fit kids after the bucket better, and they're convinced that it'll last forever! Then, they get grumpy because it won't. This might be a way to at least keep them harnessed a bit longer.

Now, if it were me, I'd keep a kid rf until the last minute, and if I ruled the world, everyone would have to, but in reality, keeping a kid harnessed to 4 is a major accomplishment.

Sorry, I see what you're saying now. I'm someone who has turned kids FF in the past at one year, because I didn't know any better. I guess because I've been enlightened I forget that not everyone else has. I understand not everyone researches, or has encounters with techs, so yes, this would be a great alternative- the HWH would make people think about it as an option, as opposed to buying a booster at 2 or 3.

Kimberly

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Most car seats on the market have been made in China.

That does seem to be the trend with some of the newer to the market carseat models like the Radian, Recaro convertibles and now the Graco Nautilus. Britax, Dorel, Evenflo and Safeguard models, among others, are still U.S. made to the best of my knowledge, as are other Graco models.

Midwife@heart

I called Graco because I got tired of calling all the Walmarts around me. The lady at first didn't know about the carseat but she put me on hold and came back to tell me that the carseat will be available in all the Walmarts by the end of this month and when I asked her if we will be able to buy them anywhere else, she said that she does not know of any other particular store per say but that they should be getting them by the end of February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC