95 TownCar 4 door help

mburks26

ok my inlaws have a lincoln towncar 95 model i think. they use it on travel only and some times in town depending on how many are going with them. Normally in town means 2 car seats and adult in the back and 3 adults in front.
When they have both grandkids there will be two seats as both girls are 2 and 2 and half one is 30 ish and the other is 35 lbs. right now they put one in the middle and one by the door next too it when they have both of them if not they just use the middle its a lap only belt and i think its a locking latch plate belt with a tail. one seat maybe Apex 65 and the other a Compass Truefit when it comes out (right now one uses a fisher price safe embarce with the lockoffs but its been outgrown and its expired as of this month) due to lockoffs they would not know how to do a locking clip.
I read somewhere that lap only belts with the Apex needs to have the teather? I looked in the book online I didnt see anything about it having the teahter. they wont install teahters so thats out of the question. is that true?
I know the Turefit is not out yet but does anyone think the Apex and Truefit would fit side by side. with room for an adult?
It would be eaiser to get 2 seats with lock offs for this car but thats way too much money

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Regent requires a tether with a lap belt only, not the Apex. The Apex requires headrests behind it.

Wendy

mburks26

The Regent requires a tether with a lap belt only, not the Apex. The Apex requires headrests behind it.

Wendy

ok thanks I thought I read a post on here that the Apex requireing a tether when using lap only belt. I know bout the head rest issue hopefully she can at least use the apex all the way til she outgrows the harness there is not a head rest in the middle of the car
do you thing these seats would fit side by side in a Towncar?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's possible, but I'd be surprised. I hear the True Fit is about as wide as a Marathon, but a Marathon sits on a base and so the Apex could tuck under it to add a little room when puzzling. The True Fit doesn't and so they may clunk at the base and shoulder. But I don't know. I've never seen a True Fit and no one has ever installed one, nevermind installed one next to a wide seat or in a three across situation.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC