Got my SS1--question about seat padding

oursonend

I just got my SS1 this morning (delivered! Thanks Sears!) and I'm very happy with it except for one thing. There seems to be a complete absence of seat padding in the bum area, and there are even some hard plastic protrusions that seem awfully uncomfortable to me.

I got the "ionic" model, which I know is not one of the super duper ones with all the extras. Could it be that this version has less seat padding than others? Or are they all bare like that? Is there anything I can do, ie a pad sold by graco or something? The plastic protruding thing digs right into ds's little hip and I worry about it, esp for long trips.

Thanks for any ideas!

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
You can not add any extra padding to it at all.

Most babies are still comfortable in the lower end models.

My first ds rode in an on my way position right V that had less padding then the SS1 you just got and was completely fine. ;)

Keep in mind that they also have a diaper on and that adds extra padding for them. They are also much lighter than us and their weight is distributed more evenly which will also help in the comfort factor. :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We have the imperial pattern and it is also just a bare bones one. My ds hasn't had any complaints and I've tried him in it a few times since switching him to the Radian and then the Marathon, and he hasn't seemed uncomfortable or complained - and he's wide enough that he fills out the seat now plus the MA is a very plush seat..

So I wouldn't worry about it. Babies aren't as critical about comfort as adults, but they'll cry if they're uncomfortable. So as long as he's not screaming in his seat, I'm sure he doesn't care. :thumbsup:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I think there is one that has Gracopedic foam which adds to the padding. It looks similar to the Central Park but it isn't called central park but I can't remember its name :eek:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
:yeahthat:
In addition to that the Central Park and G Collection both come with infant body supports (instead of the head hugger) and are slightly more padded overall than the bare bones models of the SS1.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC