Deal on PW/self-justification

mlbmom

I got a Parkway at Sears yesterday for $39.99 (DOM 3/07). They were also clearing out RA's for $87 (DOM 11/06 though).

We won't discuss the pathetic seat selection on the regular shelves. I'll just say there wasn't a HWH seat to be found, and Eddie Bauer was the star of the show.

The self-justification (needed b/c DH thinks he and Grandma can share one booster, but we all know that more seats are better :whistle:):

The PW plus my B510 ($53 at Amazon a few months back) means I've spent less than $100 on two boosters, which is what one would normally cost.

What if Grandma has to pick up DD when DH gets stuck somewhere?

Eventually DD (age 5) will outgrow the MA in my car and I'll need a booster.

(But, of course, when that happens, I'll use the argument of "I only spent $100 for two boosters, and look at all the great new ones that have come out since then. I'm sure we can spring for one more...")

He didn't take the news too badly. Just said that we don't need "so much stuff." (This is the same man who thought we could "share" the MA, when DD outgrew the infant seat. Not.)

Now I just have to decide which seat Grandma gets and which one DH keeps...

Thanks for letting me self-justify in public.

Mel

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
LOL!
Well, this thread let me know where my geekish priorities are...apparently, i'm not yet a completely confirmed carseat person, since to me, a "PW" is a Peewells (type of cloth diaper).
but anyway...nice justification......I *try* to do this, but I am such a cheapskate at heart I usually talk myself OUT of buying things.....*sigh*...

mominabigtruck

Oh, you are way better then me. At that price I would've gotten a couple, you know, just in case, and then hidden them in the closet so I could pretend that I've had them for a while.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Where are you located that you were able to find those seats at that price? Over the summer there was a frenzy because A LOT of Sears stores in the Southern states were clearing out the Parkway and Roundabout and a few people on this board and another were lucky enough to scoop some up. I on the other hand was only able to find them at full price so I am wondering if you happen in a different region or something then when they were clearanced out earlier in the year. Congrats because that is a sweet deal.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Oh, you are way better then me. At that price I would've gotten a couple, you know, just in case, and then hidden them in the closet so I could pretend that I've had them for a while.

At that price, I'd have gotten a couple to sell on eBay!!!

Where are you located that you were able to find those seats at that price? Over the summer there was a frenzy because A LOT of Sears stores in the Southern states were clearing out the Parkway and Roundabout and a few people on this board and another were lucky enough to scoop some up. I on the other hand was only able to find them at full price so I am wondering if you happen in a different region or something then when they were clearanced out earlier in the year. Congrats because that is a sweet deal.

I was going to ask the same thing. I'm in Iowa, and the seats were not on clearance when I checked. :(

mlbmom

I found the deal in the Milwaukee area (where I just shoveled 7 inches of snow, and now it's turned to freezing rain:thumbsdown:). They only had two PW's left, and the second one had a DOM of 11/06, like the RA's, and looked like an open box.

The PW's were clearanced there a few months back for about $70 and I was tempted. Glad I waited...

And I did hide it in the trunk for a day, until DD ratted me out to DH. Those 5-year-olds :D

Mel

Mama!

This is all I found when I went to Sears and searched

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_12605_Baby_Gear_Car+Seats?keyword=britax&sLevel=0|1|2

I've never ever seen a Britax in a Sears store. And I go to a Major metro to shop.

Kellyr2

I'm now debating looking to see if there are any left at that price here. I would for sure, except that I want whatever booster I buy next to last a while, and so I want a new DOM.

dd9736

LOL!
Well, this thread let me know where my geekish priorities are...apparently, i'm not yet a completely confirmed carseat person, since to me, a "PW" is a Peewells (type of cloth diaper).
but anyway...nice justification......I *try* to do this, but I am such a cheapskate at heart I usually talk myself OUT of buying things.....*sigh*...

yeah that, but to me PW stands for pregnancy weekly

great deal though

UlrikeDG

At that price, I'd have gotten a couple to sell on eBay!!!

SCORE!!! :2thumbsup: I stopped at my local Sears today, and they had two RAs and two PWs on clearance. I got both RAs and one of the PWs (the box on the other was falling apart). Now, I have to decide whether to sell both RAs or keep one. I hate my MA for rear facing, and I think I could get enough for the remaining RA and PW to essentially make this one "free". Decisions, decisions... :D

Mama!

I went to a major Metro Sears and they had NOTHING. I walked a friggin 2 miles in that mall too to find nothing. GRRR>

UlrikeDG

These weren't on the shelf with the rest of the car seats. They were back in a corner behind s bunch of umbrella strollers. I almost didn't see them.

jeankrob

I'm in the Memphis area, and found the Parkways were reduced to $24.99 and the Roundabouts were $54.99. One store had the Britax seats on display but had none in stock. That store checked another Memphis store and found that the other store had several in stock of each model...funny though as that store had no Britax seats on display!

mlbmom

Southridge? Please let it be Southridge, my mom works there. HELLO EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT! :D

Sorry, Brookfield Square. And yes, they were just sitting on the floor over by the highchairs. I wouldn't have seen them, except DD brings a baby doll along to "try out" all the baby equipment. Yes, we play in the baby department at Sears. That doll has been buckled into many car seats.

Mel

ZephyrBlue

Woo, hoo! Got 2 Parkways for $39.99 each. They discounted them this morning. RA for $88, but we didn't need one so I left them there. Now to sell some stuff to pay for them :whistle:

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC