Anyone ever shipped a carseat?

waterbaby

We're shipping our two Radians home ahead of us after traveling for two weeks. The older two will be in CARES harnesses on the plane, the baby in a Marathon. ;) It's just too difficult to travel with three seats. I value my marriage too much, lol. We traveled with two Marathons and Snug Ride when we moved. Thought maybe two Radians and a Marathon might be easier this time. Eh, maybe in some ways, but not a big enough difference to do it again. I think the CARES are the way to go. :whistle:

SO, we have a couple of Marathon boxes I was thinking of using, if the seats will fit. we'll be using the Marathons for the remainder of the trip and leaving them here when we fly out... my dad will drive with us to the airport to drop off the rental and then take the seats home with him). Do you think packing the box with bubble wrap and shipping UPS will be okay?

Anyone ever shipped a seat? Pointers? Tips? TIA!!!

ADS

arly1983

Hmmm, Have I ever shipped a carseat :rolleyes:

Too bad you didn't keep the radian boxes as DHL ground will ship a radian for $19.

With the Marathon boxes measuring bigger, it will add to your cost.

Make sure there is no movement whatsoever when you bubble wrap everything.

Usually, DHL is the cheapest, Fedex, then UPS.

mykidsmylife

I shipped 2 carseats and I am shipping my thrid today. I just just ship them the way they came to me.

I do UPS and they always make it ok

waterbaby

I wish I had the Radian boxes, too... so much smaller.

There's a UPS store near here. I bet I could get smaller boxes, huh. The money spent on buying fitting boxes will likely be less than shipping in two, free oversized boxes.

mburks26

could you fold the radians and put them both in one box and use alot of bubble wrap and those package peanuts the white stuff all around the seats.

bombedier

Senior Community Member
I ship car seats all the time :).

You can buy smaller boxes at the UPS store (I've had to on a couple of occasions when the delivery guy left the box outside and it rained.) Fed-ex ground on a Radian is ~ $15.

waterbaby

could you fold the radians and put them both in one box and use alot of bubble wrap and those package peanuts the white stuff all around the seats.

That's a good idea... maybe leave one unfolded and put the second one in folded. I'll have to play around with them tomorrow and see what works.

Sounds like FedEx is the better option $$$ wise, though. I really have no idea what UPS would be.

grumpybear

wow. I guess those are one of the perks of living down the lower 48.
I was in the PO last year and saw a lady trying to ship a used snugride and it amounted to more than what the seat would cost ($180+). She ended up shipping it anyway. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC