Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Relocating car seat anchors

Is it possible to relocate the rear car seat anchors on a 2001 Chevy Silverado ex cab? I want to move them from the rear middle seat to one of the seats that has a shoulder belt harness so I can put in a booster seat that has tether latches. This year model only has anchors on the rear middle and none on either side. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Relocating car seat anchors

Hi there!
    I see that your vehicle has 3 tether anchors and as you note, only one set of lower anchors.

You cannot move lower anchors from one spot to another, nor can you add more. So if you only have a lap only seatbelt center, unfortunately, you can't use a booster seat with lower anchors in your vehicle.

You can, however, still use any booster you like on the side seating position. No booster requires lower anchors, and their function is only to hold the booster in place when unoccupied, so you'll just have to buckle it in when there's no child seated there.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Unregistered

Thanks for your response, I have the turbo booster seat with the tether for the anchors does this provide any additional safety protection? That’s one of the reasons I bought it but after reading your post it sounds like the seatbelts should provide all the protection necessary for the child in the seat
    Thanks

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

A Turbobooster will work just as well without as with lower anchors in use. Just make sure you have read and followed the directions, including buckling it in when no child is sitting in it.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!