Graco 4ever

Bonnielayman

Hi. I have a Graco 4ever seat for my 35lb, forward facing toddler. I'm running into an issue though. The manual says that the seat must be reclined to position 4 for children 20-40lbs. Does this mean it must be at 4 or higher or ONLY 4? When I recline it to 4, it doesn't fit right in my Dodge Grand Caravan. I have to recline the actual vehicle seat back a bit in order to not have a huge gap between the car seat and vehicle seat. I'm at a loss! Please help. Thank you.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
A gap is normal and fine when it's on recline four. Make sure the base of the seat is flat on the backseat, and there isn't too much overhang. It must be in recline four. You have it top tethered?

Wendy

MelodyoftheForest

Look in your manual to see if your vehicle requires the seat back to be in any particular position for installing a car seat. That might make the decision for you! I have this seat also, though I am currently using it rear-facing. It is allowed to overhang a little in RF or FF modes, but not in booster mode.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC