2012 Tuscon RF Convertible Carseat

apeachygirl

I have an 8 month old son who is 25 lbs. and 29 in. and drive a 2012 Hyundai Tuscon. We are looking to move from the infant car seat to a convertible but we can not find one that will install without wiggling around everywhere. We have tried Graco, Britax, Safety 1st, and Diono. We have tried in the middle and outboard seats. We have tried the latch system and seat belt. Looking for suggestions on how to get any seat to secure tightly and what seat you used?
THANKS!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
When you're checking for the wiggle, are you checking ONLY at the belt path, not at the head of the seat?

Wendy

apeachygirl

I have checked at the base and the head and there is a lot of wiggle room in both. I have read some people said they have to roll up towels or use a pool noodle underneath but I didn't want to do that unless I have too. The front of the car-seat hits the back of my car seat and there is a space between the base and the seat. Any ideas for this problem?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You only check at the belt path for movement. The head will move.

A rolled towel or pool noodle is used to change the angle. Not to make a seat tighter.

Do you have a picture of your install? The carseat cannot touch the back of your front seat.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC