Link to pic please

dragonfly8

Of the short strapped radian vs the longer strapped one? I know it is here somwhere but I can't seem to find it..................
Please and thank you!!!

I want to make sure mine is longer strapped, as it is only a week old

Erin

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I only have pictures of the short-strapped one.

According to SK, the short straps would be those with strap lot ID of either 452280, 487599, 436235 or 493361. These 6-digit number can be found on a printed label sewn into the end of the harness strap by the metal yoke at the back of the seat.

I also measured the strap -- Taking the strap out of the yoke and through the harness slot, the length of a strap from that end to the point where it disappears into the cushion by the thigh is about 30.75" or about 78.5 cm. With the harness straps back in the yoke, of course I would lose another 3" or 7.5 cm, not to mention the little length inside the harness slot.

When the straps are put together and pulled out at maximum length (make the yoke is not caught at the bottom and making you think it's short), the buckle tongues are way short of the harness adjustor at the front of the seat.

Attachments

• 167_6772_resized.jpg
    167_6772_resized.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 167_6777_Resized.jpg
    167_6777_Resized.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 167_6783_resized.jpg
    167_6783_resized.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 13

hipmaman

You can't count that as 10"... the straps come straight down, not around the torso. So, only 5"... but that's still a big difference.

Ok, let me rephase it since we might be thinking different terms... 10" difference in total for the upper body with 5" difference on each strap. No?

And when I say 'torso', I didn't mean the 'trunk'. I really mean the upper body. Make sense? :love::)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
It still only equates to 5"...

Each strap will only come out 5"... which means the body/trunk/torso can only have room to grow outwards another 5".

I'm not really explaining that right. :eek: Basically you can't add one strap's length to the other strap in order for the straps to come out another 10"... they will ultimately still only come out 5" since they come from the same location. Does that make sense?

hipmaman

It still only equates to 5"...

Each strap will only come out 5"... which means the body/trunk/torso can only have room to grow outwards another 5".

I'm not really explaining that right. :eek: Basically you can't add one strap's length to the other strap in order for the straps to come out another 10"... they will ultimately still only come out 5" since they come from the same location. Does that make sense?

Of course I don't mean they are to be added to make 10" continuous difference. But there are now 10" (abeit 5" on each side) to go further around a child's upper body. Let say, now we can have both straps meeting at the buckle, around a child with a tummy of say 10" bigger. Does that even make sense, lol.

Lalalalala... I'm going to bed :p

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I understand what you're trying to say... but my physics brain says it doesn't work that way and I'm apparently no good at trying to explain why. :D:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC