Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    help4kids16

3 Across 2014 Honda Civic

So we're expecting a new baby this week but weren't expecting how difficult it would be to install the car seats! My children are both currently in safety first guide 65 FF seats but I also got my son the graco turbo booster. I got the Chicco Keyfit 30 for the baby and really would love to keep that seat! But we can't seem to get them in the car! Help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: 3 Across 2014 Honda Civic

How tall and heavy are your kids? Did you put the screws in the armrests of the high back Graco Turbobooster?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

help4kids16

My husband did put the screws on but could unscrew if needed. My son is 5 years 3 mo and weighed 42 lbs last check at a little over 40 inches. My daughter is 2 yrs 2 mo and her last check uo was awhile ago so I know she's grown hut snout 26 lbs. No idea on height :-(

Carseat Crazy

Wendy was just making sure the screws were in the booster, as many people forget to! That booster is quite square and bulky, so it may not be best choice for a three across. The Evenflo SureRide/Titan 65 might puzzle better with other seats if you put it FF in the center, but I don't have any direct experience. Do you have a Babies R Us nearby where you could try some other seats?
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag