Chicco Fit2 & Strollers

mirky

CPS Technician
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, so I hope it's in the right place. Does anyone know if the new Chicco Fit2 is compatible with the same strollers/ stroller adapters as the Keyfit 30? I'd like to use a Fit2 with a Phil & Teds Voyager, but none of the stores around me carry Phil & Teds products in store.

I know that Chicco's statement is that it's up to the stroller companies to determine fit, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the Fit2 and non-Chicco brand strollers.

Thank you!

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's very new, so that's probably why you haven't gotten a response yet.

It does say on Chicco's site that the Fit2 is compatible with every Chicco stroller that the KeyFit is compatible with. There are no disclaimers that the strollers must have been made after a certain date or anything, so I'd assume that the Fit2 fits into the older Chicco strollers, no special adaptations made to the strollers. Which would lead me to assume that it would fit in other strollers that the KeyFit is compatible with. Of course, can't confirm this without someone actually trying it.

If it's important to you that you get a Fit2, and you already own that stroller, you can always purchase from someplace that allows returns, and try it and see!

U

Unregistered

According to Chicco Fit2 website: (http://chiccofit2.com/faqs), these Chicco strollers are compatible with the Fit 2

Urban 6-in-1 Stroller
Bravo® Quick-Fold Stroller
Bravo® LE Quick-Fold Stroller
BravoFor2™ Two-Passenger Stroller
Viaro® 3-Wheel Stroller
Activ3® Jogging Stroller
Tre® Jogging Stroller
KeyFit® Caddy Car Seat Carrier
Cortina® Magic Full-Size Stroller
Cortina® CX Full-Size Stroller
Cortina® Together Two-Passenger Stroller

mirky

CPS Technician
Thanks! I'm due in July, so I haven't gotten the stroller or car seat yet. I called Phil & Ted's to see if they had tried it out, and they said that they wouldn't be able to test it for a year because it's a 3rd party that tests their products. They actually offered me an Alpha car seat for free, so I'll use that instead!

Chicco's customer service, on the other hand, was very disappointing. They sent me a one sentence reply that they "do not recommend using other manufacturers with Chicco products" (surprise!). I was shocked that they weren't more helpful because I've loved Chicco for years, but c'est la vie.

I had a very specific criteria for strollers in mind, and none of Chicco's products fit it. I want one that can be used as a bassinet, RF & FF, and can be converted to a 2 child stroller later on. The Urban gets close to fitting all of those, but it can't be converted to a multiple child stroller. If I'm spending that much money, I want something that will last until I'm done having kids. I like the idea of the convenience of a travel system, but I don't want it to be my only stroller option with a newborn. As a first time mom, I think, "a million other moms can't be wrong," but as a tech/ infant mortality advocate, I think, "my baby's not living in a car seat!"

All things considered, it'll probably be better to use a lower weight RF only, then switch to a convertible with a higher RF weight limit instead of the Fit2. I just got excited because the Fit2 came out the year I'm pregnant, and I've always thought I'd have a Chicco baby. :p

Thanks for your help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC