Question Infant bucket for Odyssey plus one seat

Chris

We just bought a a 2011 Oddysey. We are expecting kiddo #5 and want to put baby in a bucket on the plus one seat. Next to it on the drivers side is an RF RXT. Passenger side will be my 14 yr old in a seatbelt. Which bucket seats fit well on the Ody plus one seat? Ideally one that has a higher weight limit.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Several of the Graco seats (with lockoffs) do well there as well, as I recall; are there any features other than higher weight limits you're looking for? (Also, be aware, even with high weight limits most children will NOT hit that weight before outgrowing a rear-facing only bucket seat. Almost all kids will outgrow most of them by height first.)

Some of the newer seats may do well there too but I haven't tried a lot in that spot. Do you have a price limit?

Chris

Several of the Graco seats (with lockoffs) do well there as well, as I recall; are there any features other than higher weight limits you're looking for? (Also, be aware, even with high weight limits most children will NOT hit that weight before outgrowing a rear-facing only bucket seat. Almost all kids will outgrow most of them by height first.)

Some of the newer seats may do well there too but I haven't tried a lot in that spot. Do you have a price limit?

Not a hard price limit, ideally under $200, but of course, less is always better, especially since this is the last baby. We had an onboard 35 air with the last kiddo and I liked it more than I expected I would. I did not like the Keyfit we had...or rather baby hated it and I have several friends whose babies also hated theirs. I had a Graco one eons ago that I also liked, so those are definitely a possibility.
And I am not worried so much about the weight limit (we have always outgrown by height), but do like the larger seats simply because it is sometimes really convenient not to have to wake a sleeping 1 yr old when we are out shopping. Normally once my kiddos hit around ~15 lbs I leave the seat in the car, but we were again, pleasantly surprised with how much we liked the flexibility of the larger size of the onboard 35 air. Does anybody know if those fit on the plus one?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC