Is this the complete tether anchor in a Ford F-250?

momtoo3

I know it is the top tether anchor, I'm just not sure that it is complete. Dh got his new truck, a 2016 F-250, and it occurred to me tonight that I hadn't seen the loops behind the headrests so I went to investigate. I found this and have never seen one like it. It's all metal so I'm assuming I would just hook the TT to it but want to make sure it's not just a space that could be fitted for one. Dd will be 2 in August but is tiny at 23 pounds and 32 inches so she will stay RF for a long time yet but this is something good to know if we have one of her little friends with us until that point.
8a8efc3de5ca5ea60a126b9ca763cabc.jpg

c2d4c41f1c4fde725be666a260af600c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ADS

momtoo3

Thanks! I have a sleeping toddler on me and didn't think to grab the manual and look until she was almost sleeping.

It is a crew cab. I will have to look tomorrow or something to see how many TT there are. We only need the one and this one was one the passenger side. Dh likes her on the driver's side but just for convenience when he has her without me. I couldn't flip the 60 portion of the seat with her seat installed on it along with ds3's booster so I looked at the 40 side.

geekKT

Well that's different. Good to know, too, because at some point I see us jumping from a 150 to a 250 for towing purposes.

katymyers

It's similar to the ones in my old Pontiac Montana. There was a metal square on the back of the seat with two holes punched in it almost exactly like that. They were an SOB with some tether hooks because the holes were just slightly bigger than the hook itself and releasing the hooks was sometimes extremely difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUTigers

That's what it looks like in my parents expedition. It's a pain to get too but actually quite easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

momtoo3

Well that's different. Good to know, too, because at some point I see us jumping from a 150 to a 250 for towing purposes.
That was our reason for the 250. We had a 150 and then decided to have a 4th child and switched to the Yukon XL. Then we got a bigger camper. So here we are with the 250 with the 40/20/40 front seat so we all fit. Ds1 is at the age (turning 16 next month) where he usually would rather not go out with us now so we don't always need to use it but we can when needed.

geekKT

Yep I hear ya. I've got a 150 with the middle seat up front (mostly for adults like when my mom visits) since it would be an awful long time before I'd put a kiddo there.

And I loooove my truck. A lot.

But longterm, we'd like to jump up just a tiny bit in trailer and that will require a jump up in truck first. Few years down for that probably :). I'd have to get over losing my truck first. LOL

momtoo3

Yep I hear ya. I've got a 150 with the middle seat up front (mostly for adults like when my mom visits) since it would be an awful long time before I'd put a kiddo there.

And I loooove my truck. A lot.

But longterm, we'd like to jump up just a tiny bit in trailer and that will require a jump up in truck first. Few years down for that probably :). I'd have to get over losing my truck first. LOL
Dh never got over his 150...we upgraded campers 1.5 years ago but have a seasonal site so no need to tow unless we want to go elsewhere. He just decided he needed a truck again just in case. He thought about another 150 just for regular truck use but I told him 250/350 or nothing because it didn't make sense to buy something so costly that we couldn't haul with if needed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC