GoGoBabyz compatability question

Angie

Does the GoGoBabyz Travelmate or Mini Travelmate work with the Evenflo SecureKid DLX?

I know many recommend a luggage cart and bungee cords, but I'm considering this because it can stay attached to the seat on the plane. I just can't figure out if it's meant for use with the car seat we have.

Thanks!

PS. Would I be required to take it apart at security, or can I ask that the whole thing be hand checked while still intact??

ADS

rachelandtyke

I don't know for certain, but would expect it to be compatible with the Evenflo. It is with their other ones. It is very similar to the Maestro IIRC, which is on their compatiblitiy list. The SecureKid isn't on the not compatible list.

I have one and love it. I just ask them to handcheck it. Some of the machines are too small for the carseat anyway. I've never had them argue and make me take it apart at security.

Angie

Thanks. I would think it would work. I did email them to see, because their site says that the list is not all-inclusive, and if you email them they'd help figure it out. I'm just eager to get everything I need and want to get one ordered. Unfortunately I can't find it in any local store, which would be ideal.

Angie

I've never seen them in a store. I have occasionally seen them listed on Craigslist.

Me either. But I was trying to find it on a local store's website. Like Target, Walmart, Babiesrus...

That way if it doesn't work with my car seat I'd have ease of return.
Posted via Mobile Device

creideamh

I think it'll probably be fine too (I've used it with a Maestro), but I've always been asked to dismantle it. They have a quick-release strap on it now so it isn't a huge deal.

Angie

I should have edited my post the night I started it. After looking at them closer (and reviews and such) I'm leaning towards the Mini over the Original version. Is that the one you've both used? Would it matter?

Angie

I will also put it out there that I'm debating between
a. the Travelmate mini and using a backpack as my carry on.
b. buying this carry on: Amazon.com: Kensington Overnight Rolling Laptop Bag: Electronics and strapping the car seat to it. The only question I have about this option is that the suitcase only has one vertical bar for the handle (not a double vertical bar) and I don't know how I'd get the seat secured without it being a double-bar handle.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I will also put it out there that I'm debating between
a. the Travelmate mini and using a backpack as my carry on.
b. buying this carry on: Amazon.com: Kensington Overnight Rolling Laptop Bag: Electronics and strapping the car seat to it. The only question I have about this option is that the suitcase only has one vertical bar for the handle (not a double vertical bar) and I don't know how I'd get the seat secured without it being a double-bar handle.

If you used a Travelling Toddler you could just put the tether to the side of the handle. :)

Angie

Thanks, that looks like a great option if I end up getting that suitcase. Going that way is probably the best buy since I can use the suitcase long after we quit hauling a bulky seat.

I'm not concerned about her having to sit in the seat no matter which option I choose. I just want the most user friendly, quick, stable set up possible. I was afraid if I bungee the seat to the suitcase it would just fall and spin. I probably think that because I've never carried her car seat in that manner.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I wouldn't use a bungee and expect that alone to stay stable with a child in the seat.

Using a product like the Traveling Toddler adds a second axis of restraint to help keep stable...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC