Cheapest Cdn online purchase for Radian65?

canuckhead

I am going to bite the bullet and buy the Radian 65 online for my dd......live from hours from Edmonton so it will be online.

The best deal I can find is $229 with free shipping from Tummies to Tots...

Does anyone else know of a better deal out there?

Thanks so much for everyones help
Natalie

ADS

supermommyof2

If you're wanting any accessories I just ordered some on Ebay:

Comfy Soft (infant & toddler cusions, ivory, but also available in grey, same as the ones that come w/Radian Premier) $17.95 (US)

Side Rider (clip on mesh basket for cups, etc.) $5.95 (US)

There's a $2 handling fee for international orders and I got them to combine shipping (I ordered 2 of each) for around $16

It seemed like a pretty good deal, I've heard of people paying $30 for the Comfy Soft and $10 for the Side Riders, and apparently it's hard to find a Canadian site that sells them, I haven't yet.

Last edited:
C

confoundit

the Radian 65 that they are clearing out of Canadian Tire will be on half price starting November 3rd. I would imagine they'd have the same price online on their website. I know it's the older model but from what I have read and discussed here it's still the best seat and at $99 how can you go wrong?!?!

canadianmom2three

Oooooohhhhh temptation...would it be so very morally wrong to search out a clearanced short strap and then ask SK to replace it knowing that I'd be getting a 65lb stickered one??? I feel so guilt ridden with DS riding in his 48lb stickered one, even though I KNOW it is the same seat....

BudgieStew

I bought the Comfy Soft in Grey from that e-bay seller. It arrived yesterday. I have yet to try it out cause all my Radian's are unavailable though.

I also ordered the Dry Seat from http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sunshine-Kids-Radian-Car-Seat-Carry-Strap_W0QQitemZ220161501663QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2987QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem seller.
The Carry bag I had got from BabyProofing Plus cause I needed it ASAP.

If you're wanting any accessories I just ordered some on Ebay:

Comfy Soft (infant & toddler cusions, ivory, but also available in grey, same as the ones that come w/Radian Premier) $17.95 (US)

Side Rider (clip on mesh basket for cups, etc.) $5.95 (US)

There's a $2 handling fee for international orders and I got them to combine shipping (I ordered 2 of each) for around $16

It seemed like a pretty good deal, I've heard of people paying $30 for the Comfy Soft and $10 for the Side Riders, and apparently it's hard to find a Canadian site that sells them, I haven't yet.

C

confoundit

Okay I have bought two of the $99 radians....just about to crack the boxes on them to see if they are short strapped or not! I am so excited! I don't think I have ever been this excited to find out if something is defective or not! LOL

squidgy

i picked one up last night from the canadian tire on 64 ave ne, in calgary, they also have a promotion on right now , spend more than $40,00 get a $10.00 discount, so i got one for approx $99.00 incl gst, and they have 5 left as of today, and the mcleod trail store has 3

cheers mark

squidgy

for mamoomorgan ,i think you may quality for the $10.00 off deal, try thier web site for the coupon if not let me know your email and i will forward it to you, it starts today but i picked up my seat yesterday and she honoured the promotion by returning and then reselling the item
cheer mark

oursonend

Here we go... I certain budgiestew tipped me off to this sale and I have info to add.

I went to CT today in montreal and looked at the radians on sale. They were all from a more recent shipment, but I managed to get an 08/06 because the demo was an 08/06, so I switched 'em. It can be done... the only thing I lost out in the deal was forgot to check for the shoulder strap pads and sure enough someone had taken or misplaced them, but I figure it's not so big a loss :)

I'm guessing that there is a good chance that all the demos are 08/06, since all the stores would have been stocked at the same time originally. I wasn't allowed to straight up buy the demo because the guy said they would be getting another shipment next week so wanted to give me a rain check instead (the demo was the only one left at the first store I went to, and I only ran into problems there because the RF support thing was missing (presumably in the box, which was not there) as well as the safety strap thing that goes on the back for FF under 40lbs (what is it called?). But, if I hadn't cared about those things, I could have bought the seat no problem (just grab the ticket thing on the shelf with the bar code so they can ring it in--i'm lucky I was reading the manual in the linup and realized what was missing!).

Long story short, I went to another store that had boxed radians in stock and switched the demo for a boxed one, put the new one on the shelf as the new demo. Since it's CT and the customer service people are nothing short of COMPLETELY DISINTERESTED, it was easy as pie and I didn't even feel sketchy doing it--on the contrary, I would have had to actively seek out an employee if I wanted to be noticed, and then would have had a hard time getting them to care about the switch.

Just a heads up for any hardcore 08/06 hunters :p

I'm new here... and glad to have been privy to this info and scored myself a great car seat for a great deal. Nice to meet you all :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Here we go... I certain budgiestew tipped me off to this sale and I have info to add.

I went to CT today in montreal and looked at the radians on sale. They were all from a more recent shipment, but I managed to get an 08/06 because the demo was an 08/06, so I switched 'em. It can be done... the only thing I lost out in the deal was forgot to check for the shoulder strap pads and sure enough someone had taken or misplaced them, but I figure it's not so big a loss :)

I'm guessing that there is a good chance that all the demos are 08/06, since all the stores would have been stocked at the same time originally. I wasn't allowed to straight up buy the demo because the guy said they would be getting another shipment next week so wanted to give me a rain check instead (the demo was the only one left at the first store I went to, and I only ran into problems there because the RF support thing was missing (presumably in the box, which was not there) as well as the safety strap thing that goes on the back for FF under 40lbs (what is it called?). But, if I hadn't cared about those things, I could have bought the seat no problem (just grab the ticket thing on the shelf with the bar code so they can ring it in--i'm lucky I was reading the manual in the linup and realized what was missing!).

Long story short, I went to another store that had boxed radians in stock and switched the demo for a boxed one, put the new one on the shelf as the new demo. Since it's CT and the customer service people are nothing short of COMPLETELY DISINTERESTED, it was easy as pie and I didn't even feel sketchy doing it--on the contrary, I would have had to actively seek out an employee if I wanted to be noticed, and then would have had a hard time getting them to care about the switch.

Just a heads up for any hardcore 08/06 hunters :p

I'm new here... and glad to have been privy to this info and scored myself a great car seat for a great deal. Nice to meet you all :)

Just wanted to let you know that you lost out in the deal either way! :(

You can NOT use a floor model carseat for your child safely. You have absolutely no idea how that seat was handled, if it was a return, how many times it's been mistreated in the stores, dropped, ect. Retailers are not even supposed to sell the floor model carseats. What you did was not safe and really dangerous for your child... please do NOT use this floor model seat for your child.

Last edited:

canadianmom2three

I got the impression the pp was looking to get an old (short strapped) seat so they could return it to SK and switch it up for a new one with the 65lb stickers....

I had to FORCE myself to stay away from CT, I DO NOT need another Radian, but if I had even gone in there I know I would have come home with one ;-) I did tell everyone I could about it though!

oursonend

I got the impression the pp was looking to get an old (short strapped) seat so they could return it to SK and switch it up for a new one with the 65lb stickers....

I had to FORCE myself to stay away from CT, I DO NOT need another Radian, but if I had even gone in there I know I would have come home with one ;-) I did tell everyone I could about it though!

Yes, what she said.

Although the CT guy did tell me that they do sell the demos, just not until they're finished with the regular stock, and then there's a discount. I just figured I didn't care to wait for the discount because it was the 08/06 and I would be getting a new seat in the end anyway.

I'm new at all this and not pretending to know it all--please no one take my advice as the be all and end all! I'm a newbie! Ask an expert!

ETA: So... (bag on head) I can't use the one I have now? Sigh. It had NOT occurred to me that that might be the case, I mean, they sit on a shelf... why are they selling them in that case! Arg... a little upset both for myself and for whoever the people are who buy all those other floor models at a discount when the stock is cleared out!

Is there somewhere I can take it to be inspected? (fishing for other options here!)

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I went to CT today in montreal and looked at the radians on sale. They were all from a more recent shipment, but I managed to get an 08/06 because the demo was an 08/06, so I switched 'em.

Uhhh, why would you want to do that? Switching to the Aug 2006 seat, I mean.

BudgieStew

So she can get a new seat with a newer DOM with a 65 lb limit.

I considered it myself but didn't have the spare cash this week and did not want to go through the hassle.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Yes, what she said.

Although the CT guy did tell me that they do sell the demos, just not until they're finished with the regular stock, and then there's a discount. I just figured I didn't care to wait for the discount because it was the 08/06 and I would be getting a new seat in the end anyway.

I'm new at all this and not pretending to know it all--please no one take my advice as the be all and end all! I'm a newbie! Ask an expert!

ETA: So... (bag on head) I can't use the one I have now? Sigh. It had NOT occurred to me that that might be the case, I mean, they sit on a shelf... why are they selling them in that case! Arg... a little upset both for myself and for whoever the people are who buy all those other floor models at a discount when the stock is cleared out!

Is there somewhere I can take it to be inspected? (fishing for other options here!)

I'm glad to hear that you will not use the floor model seat. I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh, but I don't want anyone coming along and reading the boards thinking this would be a great idea.

Unfortunately there is no way to inspect the seat and know if it will be okay or not. Without a known history, it's just not a chance I would be willing to take.

I'm also a little irritated that CT doesn't strap the seats down to the shelf like other stores... then unsuspecting customers wouldn't switch out the seats thinking they are getting a great deal. :(

I am really glad that you found your way here and had the opportunity to learn about floor model seats before using one for your child. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC